Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 3456712 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I'm A New Student" FAQ

I have a question!
    The dvd is meant to work right?!?! Cos it's totally not & I've clicked all the buttons but it still wont do anything. Is there some special button im supposed to press????
    Please help me.

If i were to want to drop out how would i go about that, as in where would i send the starter pack back to ect?

Quote Originally Posted by kie1989 View Post
    If i were to want to drop out how would i go about that, as in where would i send the starter pack back to ect?
    I beleive this question has been answered but as long as you are within the 21 day cooling period you can contact customer services and they will guid you. Why would you want to leave?

Thanks Matt.
    Im only on the first section of the course so I havent used it yet. I just wanted to know if there was any special thing that you do to make it work. I just wana move on & now I have to dilly dally about with the stupid thing or wait for a new one now. That's realy annoying.

Hi everyone. I signed up to the course on Friday, and I'm just a little fuzzy as to what I am suppose to do now and how the SMA's work.
    So, I had the interview on Friday, and have that folder with the book in it, my interviewer mentioned about something coming in about 3 weeks. So with this stuff that he left me, and that Study guide thing. Am I suppose to read through that all, or just a bit, or what? And my last queury is, if the SMA's don't need to be handed in, are they marked or even checked to see if we're doing them right?
    Thanks for any help people.

Quote Originally Posted by kingconnor View Post
    So with this stuff that he left me, and that Study guide thing. Am I suppose to read through that all, or just a bit, or what?
    Would be adviseable to start on it. It teaches you the basics that you will need to know before your next part comes in the post... At the end of the book should be a TMA (Tutor marked assessment) after getting your user ID and password you can load up the student world and send off your TMA answers to be marked...
    The SMA is a Student Marked Assessment. This meant that you test your self. the answers are in the back of the book... however try to re-read through the booklet untill you fully understand the SMA questions.

Other than that welcome to the course and forum.

Default What do I do???

Hi Everyone,

I am currently researching in to the possibility of becoming a games developer/designer. I don't know which course best suits me. Is desig all about Art (as mentioned by a tiga rep)? Would development fly over my head, I understand C++ can be a daunting subject?

So many reservations! Does anyone have any contact to the games industry that could help me come to a decision about where i go from here?

Love to hear from you all

Silver.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    Is desig all about Art (as mentioned by a tiga rep)?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    Would development fly over my head, I understand C++ can be a daunting subject?
    It is less what you can do band more what you WANT to do. No point learning about something you are good at but don't want to do.

Job profiles can be found here:http://www.skillset.org/games/careers/profiles/
    Read more here: http://www.skillset.org/games/
    And here: http://gamedeveloper.texterity.com/g...08careerguide/

Okies, thanks for the help guys, just another quick trivial question though.
    For the SMAs, where do I write down my answers? I know they don't need to be handed in, but I want to get everything wrote down. So on paper, in the book, a word document, or is the a place in the pack that comes in a few weeks?
    Thanks

Ah, much obliged MattB. Thank you very much. I'll get started right away