Page 1 of 6 1 23456 LastLast

Thread: Over 120 free textures for T2G students. (And more to come)

Default Over 120 free textures for T2G students. (And more to come)

EDIT UPDATE

I have just found some of my terrain textures in one of the growing amount of “followers” public Photobucket albums amongst other collections of artwork from other sources.

By adding my work to their public Photobucket folder means anyone who does a search in Photobucket *worldwide* for grass or terrain may see my artwork in another persons public folder, select the “share” options and download it.

Then they have it and as is the way with digital media the next thing is my textures are being shared on Torrent website or sold in Second Life or some other user created type platform.

I was only thinking the other day how I should add some more from stuff I have made in the last few months and then I discovered this and it makes me feel insecure about my “bread and butter” as this is my income and I aint E A Games!

DO NOT ADD MY TEXTURES TO YOUR PUBLIC PHOTOBUCKET FOLDERS Save them to your PCs hard drive.

I don’t mean to be a ***** but if I discover this issue again I will pull the folder down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As promised, I have created an album on Photobucket which T2G students have access to.

You can download any texture in this album for use in 3DMax or Photoshop or any other program you're using.

I only have arranged 100s textures.

So they are all PNG format and the transparency in some seems to have remained transparent "YAY"

I will be adding more, these are over 2 years old as I am working through my collection in reverse order trying to pick textures that I think would work OK in 3Dmax.

It goes without saying really that these are for T2G students only so please do not share the link on external blog sites!

Enjoy!

http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/...Game_Textures/
    Last edited by Liz; 07-03-2011 at 12:14 PM.

Awesome Textures thanks a bunch

Click Signature for my FB page

What's the usage rights on the textures? Are we allowed to use them in our games in development?

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoWhite View Post
    What's the usage rights on the textures? Are we allowed to use them in our games in development?
    Educational use only according to the slideshow.

Just been sat watching the slideshow and there are some nice textures there.

Are they all tileable?

That's awesome rose thanks very much can they be imported to UDK ?
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you say it, you'll be a mile away... and you'll have their shoes.
    ∼anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMD76 View Post
    Just been sat watching the slideshow and there are some nice textures there.

Are they all tileable?
    From my recollection of Rose's work they should all be tileable but in response to the enquiry about whether they're free for commercial use, Rose is a student of Train2Game and her actual current paying business is in part what she's offering to help other students, so if you're going to use them in the hope of making money then I would say that it's only fair to discuss it with her when such an occasion arises.

Also as this IS her business, it would be nice (if she hasn't already requested it in her links) to give mention in any portfolio work that you use the textures on as to where they originated by giving a link to her site that she has in her signature strip.

Default Usage

Quote Originally Posted by bhmediamarty View Post
    From my recollection of Rose's work they should all be tileable but in response to the enquiry about whether they're free for commercial use, Rose is a student of Train2Game and her actual current paying business is in part what she's offering to help other students, so if you're going to use them in the hope of making money then I would say that it's only fair to discuss it with her when such an occasion arises.

Also as this IS her business, it would be nice (if she hasn't already requested it in her links) to give mention in any portfolio work that you use the textures on as to where they originated by giving a link to her site that she has in her signature strip.

Erm, Oh I don't want to seem anal about usage. If for some reason you end up using them in a game dev - credit is enough - "scratch my back and vise versa" Just mention "www.texturesrus.net" in your credits.

They're really very basic by and large that's why I chose them, for 3DMax use mostly.

A lot of my more complex stuff I have a lot of shaded textures to create the illusion of depth as the game engine for Second Life currently doesn't have shaders so I have to compensate and I did wonder if the medieval walls were too shadowy but then I dunno, for a 2D game they may be spot on.

So to clarify. No need to pay me anything. If you intend to use them in a potentially commercial game OR an open source game were the textures will be packaged up as part of the end product please include in your credits "www.texturesrus.net"

Finally, if you have any requests, needs, demands leave them here, I personally have around 40,000 textures to pick from so I'm happy to offer some.

PS - Yes they should tile. Oh, and if you need bump, displacement, specular or normal maps for any of them I will for a small charge get make the maps for you.. but if you need them I would imagine your fairly familiar with how to make them yourself. I use a plugin so whilst it's not 100% automated it is easy to use and isn't too taxing!

Dont contact me here though, I am literally all over the internet in any given day so trugraphicsolutions@yahoo.co.uk is the fastest way to get a reply
    Last edited by Liz; 10-16-2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: After thought

Thanks for the clarification Rose. Just wanted to check before I or someone else goes ahead and uses them.

Big thank you for the textures as well. I'll have to stick this in the Master FAQ when I get home

Quote Originally Posted by roseenglish View Post
    So to clarify. No need to pay me anything. If you intend to use them in a potentially commercial game OR an open source game were the textures will be packaged up as part of the end product please include in your credits "www.texturesrus.net"
    Well that clarifies my comment on discussing it with you if/when the opportunity presented itself that they could be used in a commercial title.

I'd also like to second Indi's "Big thank you" for the textures, I'm sure a lot of students will be able to put them to good use in helping them develop ideas. Keep up the good work.