Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast

Thread: Over 120 free textures for T2G students. (And more to come)

A great big thanks from me too Rose.

Although I'm not on the A & A course I do enjoy a dabble in the 3D world so extra textures at my fingertips is brilliant.

Thank you very much Rose a time and work saving solution

Because I'm a super awesome mod. :P I've added this to the Master FAQ and have also stickied this.

awesome textures thankin you very much rose

Hi, nps the only real work is organising them, changing the file fomat and uploading them (admin bah!)

TBH, I am not 100% sure what would be of use for 3DMax really, I assumed the essentials.. wood, metals, stone, brick, fabrics. I would be happy to create a Disc for T2G or perhaps a link for all students to have access to a free texture library (?) because I imagine only a small % use the forums

Happy to chat about something like that if it's of any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by roseenglish View Post
    Hi, nps the only real work is organising them, changing the file fomat and uploading them (admin bah!)

TBH, I am not 100% sure what would be of use for 3DMax really, I assumed the essentials.. wood, metals, stone, brick, fabrics. I would be happy to create a Disc for T2G or perhaps a link for all students to have access to a free texture library (?) because I imagine only a small % use the forums

Happy to chat about something like that if it's of any interest.
    T2G may well put them in the student vault. If you were ok with it.

From my little knowledge of 3ds the textures are very useful. especially when used with normal and specular versions (which aren't that hard to create from the base texture). there's always the option of adding layers in ps to add dirt and wear too.
    Last edited by Smoothnshiny; 10-16-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: bloody predictive text

joining the big thank you wagon Rose. you have done a truely great thing. i personally really struggle with textures so this will help me out a great deal.

Really fantastic Rose, really, really, fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothnshiny View Post
    A great big thanks from me too Rose.

Although I'm not on the A & A course I do enjoy a dabble in the 3D world so extra textures at my fingertips is brilliant.
    Is your sig your idea of "dabble in the 3D world"? cause if thats your idea of a "dabble" I want to kick you!
    I can only dream of creating something that cool..

ack.. Rose.. I know it may be weird but I actually like people knowing me by my real name, I know thats not typical in an online community but after 6 years of being known as LillyBeth Filth, I'm kinda tired of BS names..

I am called Liz for those of you that can be bothered to remember, for those that can't I won't hold it against you, after all I could of chosen my real name as my forum ID.. force of bad habits