Thread: [News] Red Dead Redemption Liars and Cheats DLC details

Default [News] Red Dead Redemption Liars and Cheats DLC details

The penultimate DLC pack for Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption, Liars and Cheats, is released tomorrow so here's a taster of what you can expect.

In short, the DLC pack introducers more multiplayer features including card games, horse racing and a new game mode.

Are you still playing Red Dead Redemption at all? If so, would you be tempted to part with your money for new multiplayer content? Or do you think Rockstar are going a bit far and charging too much for the Liars and Cheats expansion pack?

Would you feel ok shooting John Marston in the face? He's a new skin after all...

As usual, leave your thoughts here on the Train2Game forum, or on the Train2Game blog.

I think that baring in mind what rockstar North released as DLC for GTA IV, which sounded really awesome, what Rockstar San Diago have put out for RDR seems like a bunch of overpriced "let's milk its". It's the sort of thing that a studio that sells that well could give for free.

It's a shame because the proper game is really strong.
    Come speak to us on the Unofficial T2G IRC channel

has anyone here actually got into the multiplayer side of this ? I'm quite enjoying the single player but feel it could really shine in co-op
    Designer @ DR Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Ashitaka View Post
    has anyone here actually got into the multiplayer side of this ? I'm quite enjoying the single player but feel it could really shine in co-op
    I spent some time on the free roam, didn't really bother much with deathmatch etc
    Come speak to us on the Unofficial T2G IRC channel

Free roam is quite a lot of fun, so long as you don't have some one hiding with a sniper rifle and taking out anyone that comes within 200 metres of them.

Or so long as you don't accidently drive a coach load of other players off a bridge... *cough*

The co-op missions are also pretty good, but I don't think I'd pay £8 for extra multiplayer content.

Vampire Duck is right about the Episodes from Liberty city thing, both were great games at about 8-10 hours long each what was essentially £12 each. Compared to that £8 for multiplayer modes is steep.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Duck View Post
    I think that baring in mind what rockstar North released as DLC for GTA IV, which sounded really awesome, what Rockstar San Diago have put out for RDR seems like a bunch of overpriced "let's milk its". It's the sort of thing that a studio that sells that well could give for free.

It's a shame because the proper game is really strong.
    The DLC packs for GTA IV were both really good value, I thought so anyway. You got another 20ish story missions from another characters POV, new weapons, new vehicles and some new MP gametypes.

There doesn't seem too much in this Red Dead DLC that would interest me.

EDIT: Even though I really like Red Dead.