Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Light The Skies (W.I.P) from creator Drop Dead Interactive

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Light The Skies (W.I.P) from creator Drop Dead Interactive

Hi guys

Just thought I'd share some in game footage of the latest developments from Drop Dead interactive as I've been silent for a while now.

Please leave comments as they will be used to shape the game where needed, and user feedback is important as it will be the users who will be playing the game.

Light The Skies game play footage 1 (W.I.P)

Light The Skies gameplay footage 2 (W.I.P)

X48 footage

FaceBook

Thanks for the support!
    Last edited by Mr. Algorithm; 03-29-2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Add some interesting links

Looking really good!

Very impressive work look forward to hearing more.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    This is looking very interesting!
    Who are all those chaps in the X48 video? Seemed a lot of videos up there from Pixel Lab too :P
    Well in Drop Dead Interactive the black guy was me , the mixed race guy was an artist we managed to kidnapp last min to help us and the other guy chris is co-founder of Drop Dead Interactive , also a mate from uni.

The other people there were students from Huddersfield Uni, Nottingham Trent Uni(my uni) and a few others. More information on the event can be found on the X48 website if needed.

In relation to the screen quality, if anyone can suggest the best way to capture footage of my hd Samsung tv id appreciate it alot as i just cant get a good feed from it?

Capture Card all the way, I have one to record my 360 and ps3 fun. Either a Zazzle external, or a HD internal, looking at 80 at least for a decent one though.

Here's cnet's available screen video capture programs, I didn't check to see the prices, but at least one had a free trial (10 quid to buy). Hopefully there's one that is what you need, obviously they record pc output, rather than the tv itself
    Come speak to us on the Unofficial T2G IRC channel

in the 2nd vid you need to turn that light off behind the monitor that might help a bit with your video footage

good job looking great.

Have to agree with the videos its hard to see, try more light in the room but not from behind the TV (main room light) even tho this might reflect a little from the screen the game will be much more viewable (like in you uni video)

keep up the good work!

Exclamation Game Testers Wanted

Hi guys,

Hope some of you are interested in this game and would like to add yourselves to the few game testers I have currently.

I have ported the game to the PC to expand the audience so Light The Skies is will be available on XBOX LIve and PC. If you meet the requirements below send me a PM and I will send you a build.

Recruitment of testers will close 12am Saturday the 24th 2010, so please get in a speedy response if you are interested.

Requirements:

Game can only be played with a control pad, PC users will need wired a controller.

You will need a drop box account to recieve the file, it is free to download and install. dropbox download

You need to be willing to spend 5 mins to install the required XNA software which is all free. XNA software download . You will need from this site (in order) Visual C# 2008 Express Edition, Microsoft XNA 3.1 and DirectX Web Installer.

Once all those requirements are met the game should just work with no problem, look foward to hearing from you so we can gather some feed back on the gameplay.

Thank you for showing interest.
    Last edited by MattB; 04-21-2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: VS edition updated

@Matt

Cheers buddy always nice when admin help you out

Smile New game footage to wet your tongues!!!

Hi

Just thought I'd add another bit of game footage to let you know what type of game you will be testing if you sign up for game tester on Light The Skies.

Light The Skies Demo 4