Thread: Project 5 - The Brief

Default Project 5 - The Brief

I'm a little bit confused about what I'm being asked in Project 5. I have no problem creating the Story Bible, but I'm not sure what it's asking me to do with the Brief.

Can anybody word it in a way that even someone like me can understand?

yeah slow down and let me catch up lol
    Unity3D curious

I'm not currently at this level as yet, but how I interpret it is that you need to create a story bible of a sci-fi series which will be passed to the team working on the game. So include anything you think would aid in the development of characters or setting.

In terms of the brief, this is what you would need to submit to the owner of the IP - you are after all using their characters and storyline.

Hope this helps

Wired Lemon Games --- My Portfolio site --- My latest videos
    XBL Tag - UnwiredLemon

so the brief could be considered a shortened perhaps more formal version of a pitch document towards the original concept owner?
    Unity3D curious

Quote Originally Posted by Bahero View Post
    so the brief could be considered a shortened perhaps more formal version of a pitch document towards the original concept owner?
    In a way - Yes. How I think it would be may be different to what the tutor team is looking so I would clarify with them first.

I would put together a 1-2 page doc explaining to the writer of the series what you intend to do or use from the IP and how well you think it will be received by fans of said show. If your looking to use an existing storyline or maybe even create one of your own that helps expand on an episode (backstory that was not aired or maybe a flashforward). I wouldn't include specific parts as to which engine you'll be using nor would I put in about budget or game controls as to the writer of the show they wouldn't be overly concerned. They will just want to make sure their property is being looked after and put out to the fans in a way that does not tarnish or change anything radically.

XBL Tag - UnwiredLemon

no one steal dr who i have a game idea :P
    Unity3D curious

i contacted them only last week lively bunch very quick in replying and very efficient in there answers, they gave me a great beta site to go to for project 2 was immense.

Oh well good luck with project 5 i decided not to start my portfolio work until easter holidays, so i don't swamp myself with work.
    Unity3D curious

Sorry Matt Taking work away from the Tutor Team.

I'll be asking them things anyway about this one, just to see how indepth I need to be with the bible. Not there yet though so can at least have things swurling in the back of my mind for now.

XBL Tag - UnwiredLemon

Cheers for the replies folks.

I think I get what I'm supposed to write, but I'll probably just contact the tutors to get a better idea.