Hello

I am writing this post to gauge interest in this project.

I am a volunteer at a historical working blacksmith museum in south Lincolnshire. As part of the museum we like to show the contrast between the traditional method of crafting and the newer methods in our innovation area, mainly 3d printing as we have two 3d printers and often take on commission work. We have collaborated with other local museums in 3d printing ancient artefacts to aid visually impaired visitors and young children as a learning aid. Our aim is to help other heritage sites through 3d printing and virtual reality.

This brings me to the point of this topic, we have an Oculus Rift at the museum and plan to create virtual tours and experiences for people in the local area who may not be able to access certain heritage sites for various reasons or who just want to learn more about the history of the area much as the traditional blacksmithing provides.

So we are looking for a programmer who understands Unity, has an interest in programming for VR and has a passion for local history. Now in terms of location it would be great if you lived around the south Lincolnshire area however not a requirement as with all digital mediums contact through the internet is a perfectly viable means of working.

Thank you for taking the time to read and any questions please ask away or if you are interested PM me and we can get chatting.