Thread: Looking For Advice

1. Default Looking For Advice

Hello everyone,

I'm not a student, but I am deciding whether or not to take the Game Developer course and I need your advice, since the website itself doesn't give much info.

First of all, the site says that the course gives you a City and Guilds qualification, but what type of course is it, and what level? (I currently already hold a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT, and I'm now on an apprenticeship which also provides me with 2 level 3 qualifications.)

Second of all, I know that most of the course is completed through distance learning, but the site mentions "blended learning" - is that a mixture of distance learning and attending classes?

Thirdly (I suppose this kind of links with the previous question), I understand that there is this forum and another area where students can communicate, but will there be any other opportunities to actually meet other students?

And finally, what support is given to help students find work within the games industry?

Thanks for reading. Hopefully that's not too many questions!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by operative_loren View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm not a student, but I am deciding whether or not to take the Game Developer course and I need your advice, since the website itself doesn't give much info.

First of all, the site says that the course gives you a City and Guilds qualification, but what type of course is it, and what level? (I currently already hold a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT, and I'm now on an apprenticeship which also provides me with 2 level 3 qualifications.)

Second of all, I know that most of the course is completed through distance learning, but the site mentions "blended learning" - is that a mixture of distance learning and attending classes?

Thirdly (I suppose this kind of links with the previous question), I understand that there is this forum and another area where students can communicate, but will there be any other opportunities to actually meet other students?

And finally, what support is given to help students find work within the games industry?

Thanks for reading. Hopefully that's not too many questions!
    City and Guilds is equivalent to a Level 1 Course..

"Blended Learning" I have no idea..

3rd - Yes Students tend to Join together and form "Groups" to go to Game Jams, this is a good way of getting to know each other and bringing ideas in. Students also end up starting up Studios this way.

Co-Founder and Programmer @ SolarFlare Studios
    Our game - Count Rockoola is available on Android Devices.

Programmer and Designer by day, Pro gamer by night.
    Returning Moderator here on the T2G Forums. Respect the rules, don't multi post and be nice or we will have to have words

3. Default

5000k for a course? what would you get?
    books, cd, game maker that is now discontinued.
    3 year duration course, 1 year extension, and another extension.
    https://train2gameexposed.wordpress.com/
    is Train2Game fake or not? well find out the truth!