1. Cool SolarFlare Studios Recruiting

Studio Name:

SolarFlare Studios

Studio Website:

www.solarflare-studios.com

Project name:

Count Rockoola

Current team members:

My brother and myself (Founders of SolarFlare Studios).

Genre:

* Platformer
    * Adventure
    * Arcade

Project Information:

The basic of the Project is to produce an app for Android where someone can just go and play if they get bored. This is not a game to get addicted to, it's a "time waster" as my brother has put it. However, from friends and family, I have heard that they are addicted to it and want us to release it on Mac and PC. Maybe will. Anyway, the game is about a Count, but, he's not a human, he's a Rock. He still needs blood to survive so the whole game he has to go around collecting blood and avoiding Garlic. The more points he get's, the better it looks when he/she shares their score on Twitter with us and many others!

You wont have to programme anything. I will do all of that

Job Description:

Level Designer @ SolarFlare Studios - Homebased

Number of Positions open: 4

Posted Wednesday 02 March 2016.

Level Designers at SolarFlare Studios use a programme called "Construct 2" and are responsible for creating the levels the Player will go through and progress in the game. Each level is different so the Designer will need a good head for design and a good imagination as he or she will need to be able to produce 100's of levels of different layouts and difficulties. That being said, you will need to have experience with the programme described and be able to complete a level a day (at least). More can be made a day and you will have a longer weekend.

Other requirements:

* Have AT LEAST 1 year Experience with Construct 2 - ties in with the next req.
    * Know how to use Construct 2 & have the programme.
    * Know the game we are working on (We advice you download a copy if you have an Android device before applying for this role).
    * Be able to attend weekly meetings over Skype with us.
    * Produce daily reports of your progress.
    * Have access to either Dropbox or MegaSHARE on your Computer/Laptop so that you can upload the levels when done.

Estimated Project Length:

The Project can last as long as you want to be on the Team for. Ultimately the goal is to develop more games in the future, as well as working on this one as well.

How to apply:

You can apply over the website listed above, or by commenting to this Thread itself. Any messages sent to me will be ignored - sorry.

Additional Information:

At the moment, we require around 300 - 500 levels. I know, it sounds like a lot. But that is why we have 4 positions open for Level Designers.
    I may let you use parts of the game for your Portfolio. This depends all on your work and weather we are happy with it.
    Last edited by gamerIII; 03-06-2016 at 05:13 PM.

Co-Founder and Programmer @ SolarFlare Studios
    Our game - Count Rockoola is available on Android Devices.

Programmer and Designer by day, Pro gamer by night.
    Returning Moderator here on the T2G Forums. Respect the rules, don't multi post and be nice or we will have to have words

2. Default

Any reason why you are using Construct 2 rather than Unity? I think you would find it a lot easier to find people familiar with Unity.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rainz View Post
    Any reason why you are using Construct 2 rather than Unity? I think you would find it a lot easier to find people familiar with Unity.
    Seemed easier at the time and I find the programme rather fun to work with. I'm open to using new programmes in the future for other projects however.

gameriii

Co-Founder and Programmer @ SolarFlare Studios
    Our game - Count Rockoola is available on Android Devices.

Programmer and Designer by day, Pro gamer by night.
    Returning Moderator here on the T2G Forums. Respect the rules, don't multi post and be nice or we will have to have words