Thread: c++ endl and /n

1. Default c++ endl and /n

hi i am trying a peace of code just copying it from the examples just to get used to writing out code who comments so i know how they work but i wanted to try using the /n instead of endl i changed the endl to /n but it dont seem to print to the next line i am using the header file <iostream>

cout << "initially, x is: /n " << x << " y is: " << y << "/n";

is the line i am trying to use /n on

it was

cout << "Initially, x is: " << x << ", y is: " << y << endl;

is there any reason the first line don't print on a second line

kind regards luke cardall
    The pain of being alone...is not an easy one to bear..why is it...that I can understand your pain?
    But...I already have many people who are important to me now...and I can't let you hurt any of them...even if I have to kill you!

2. Default

Hey Luke,

I believe you're looking for \n instead of /n. Should hopefully solve your issue

Regards Simon

3. Default

lol dam new keyboard moved the \ key so when i was typing it was pressing where it used to be on my old keyboard what is where / is now ty for pitting it out
    The pain of being alone...is not an easy one to bear..why is it...that I can understand your pain?
    But...I already have many people who are important to me now...and I can't let you hurt any of them...even if I have to kill you!