Thread: ** Event ** EGX 2015 Birmingham on Thurs to Sun. Who's going? Meet up for event days

Talking ** Event ** EGX 2015 Birmingham on Thurs to Sun. Who's going? Meet up for event days

Hey everyone.

Just wanted to make this topic so that if anyone here is going to EGX this year we can perhaps meet other students going to this same event. As some of us here might not be going in a group already or such.

This would be similar to myself and so was wandering if anyone else is going to this we can meet on the day to have the time be a just a bit more enjoyable, with company etc.

We could meet in the morning, see if we get on/gel (no obligation lol ^^). If not just do our own thing on the day .

So, perhaps just leave a post here with the day you may be going to this on. Perhaps we can then discuss this more on a skype chat room as oppose to this public forum.

Really looking forward to this . I went last year in London, went to Rezzed in March i think it was. Can't believe it's EGX time again fairly soon.

Hope to see this thread receive some interest. Bye for now. Hope everyone is doing alright on their course too .

RichardS (Game Dev course)

NB - I'm going for the Thurs-Sun (superpass picked up luckily).

i think after i PM people here for their skype details we can have a good chat about any further details. I hope this thread picks up some interest ofc.
    Last edited by RichardS; 08-15-2015 at 10:42 PM.
    Version 3 - On number 11 of 11 core modules. Currently on 'Advanced Animation and Visuals' module.

update - i have this thread going on the new student campus also or i mean the one for people doing version 3 of the course. Every so often ill update both with what interest has been received so far.

There is some responses on the other forum so I hope that maybe this thread here can get some replies too.
    Version 3 - On number 11 of 11 core modules. Currently on 'Advanced Animation and Visuals' module.

I'll be there on the Sunday :-)
    Kerri - Art & Animation Course
    "I don't need to 'get a life'. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!"

Independent Distributor of Forever Living Aloe Vera and Bee Pollen products check them out HERE and for all you Fitness Fanatics out there check THIS out!

Please like and share my Facebook page > HERE <

Quote Originally Posted by KerriBoo View Post
    I'll be there on the Sunday :-)
    Ok. I will work on over next 7 days interest that this topic on both of the forums have received (that i'll relay back on these threads). Thanks for posting KerriBoo again.

edit - lol, so much for the 7 days I cautiously gave myself LOL.
    Last edited by RichardS; 08-26-2015 at 05:09 PM.

So I have found out from an older thread (on the other student campus-version 3 of course) regarding EGX'15 that these people had thoughts of EGX this year....

Insidia - A maybe
    James - planned on going
    Lukew - Planned on going
    Luis Abreu - Planned on going
    ExplodingEmber - Planned on going
    F4D - Planned on going
    Jay - For the THURS [replied to my new thread too]
    Lloyd J - For the THURS [replied to my new thread too]
    Lex - THUR + FRI maybe
    Gorvex w/ Dave - For the SAT
    Mario1995 - SAT or SUN maybe

Luke - Looks like is going [replied to my new thread too]

This forum :
    KerriBoo - For the SUN [replied to my new thread too]

So. Seems like we do have a few of us going. When it gets to a couple weeks to the event ill ramp up the communication so that it's more concrete in relation to the plan for the meetups (for each day). Maybe we can all join up in a skype group and chat also. This would be great I think. Could do this near the time i reckon.

K, Please leave a post here if you are thinking of going to EGX and we can meetup so that the event can be a more enjoyable experience. Like me and poss others i'm heading there by myself. Very keen for EGX this year unlike last year when i tried getting some people together I think this time it may actually work .

I was ok for first couple days at last years EGX alone, 3rd day brother came along which I appreciated. Admittedly the 2nd day by myself did drag towards the end with no company.

This years looking better though i believe though .

ps- ill try get in touch (in time) with the others who showed interest but havent posted on my new thread yet. Hopefully they'll make a new post there confirming that they might be heading to EGX'15.

Please leave a post here if you are thinking of going to EGX, thank you.
    Last edited by RichardS; 08-26-2015 at 05:22 PM.

I'll be there on Saturday
    Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.

Check out my DeviantArt page! (link in profile)

Quote Originally Posted by AirHead View Post
    I'll be there on Saturday
    nice one for post. I will be making another update post very soon. By Monday is the plan. Mainly about forming a skype group to thrash out the details for us to meet .

Ok. If people want to PM (private message) me their skype name and I'll make a skype group so we can discuss this more in depth. Let's get this going .

I will look forward to making this group and the numbers it gets.

Please PM me if you are thinking of going to EGX'15 Birmingham and are up for poss meeting up with other train2game students at this event. Thank you.

Nb - To cover all bases. I'll PM everyone who showed an interest in this so far also.
    Last edited by RichardS; 09-06-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Ok. please PM me anyone that's interested. Just a few days to go.