Thread: Concerned

1. Default Concerned

Okay so ive been on this course for a year, and although my drive to work within an application development company is incredibly high and i put a lot of my time into trying to better myself to get somewhere in life.

I would be kidding myself if i didnt say im nervous about where this course is taking me, im worried its not going to lead to anything and im concerned with the amount of bad publicity, just typing in google "train2game" to get me to the student login comes up with a whole host of websites asking if its any good and people slating it.

I guess its not helped that i am struggling with time and management in my life and probably dont get the best out of everything T2G has to offer (like the forums) i have never rang a tutor yet i have hit a couple of stumbling blocks like non-starting code.

Is this me? can i fix it? i struggle with cash as it is and knowing i have 2 more years of payment worries me.

Firstly, you are tied into a finance agreement. So, if you stop the course, you still have to pay for it.
    Secondly, and most importantly, you only get out what you put in. If you work hard, study, learn the material and push yourself, you will get somewhere.
    Where that is, nobody knows, how far you go depends on how much you want it.
    There will always be people who slate things, no matter what it is, T2G aint no different.
    Most of the slaters either have no idea what they are talking about or they know a guy who knows a guy who gave up and flunked out, but rather than admit it, they claim its a ****.
    Or they are the flunker themselves. And none of them read the contract they signed into.
    Don't be disheartened by others and focus on what you want to achieve.

Ive pretty much finished my A&A course and feel like ive achieved a lot more than expected, and ive not had my marks yet!
    Im not 100% about what happens next, but I know more doors are open to me now because of what ive learnt here and what I can now do because of T2G.

just my POV

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wyldeone1978 View Post
    Firstly, you are tied into a finance agreement. So, if you stop the course, you still have to pay for it.
    Secondly, and most importantly, you only get out what you put in. If you work hard, study, learn the material and push yourself, you will get somewhere.
    Where that is, nobody knows, how far you go depends on how much you want it.
    There will always be people who slate things, no matter what it is, T2G aint no different.
    Most of the slaters either have no idea what they are talking about or they know a guy who knows a guy who gave up and flunked out, but rather than admit it, they claim its a ****.
    Or they are the flunker themselves. And none of them read the contract they signed into.
    Don't be disheartened by others and focus on what you want to achieve.

Ive pretty much finished my A&A course and feel like ive achieved a lot more than expected, and ive not had my marks yet!
    Im not 100% about what happens next, but I know more doors are open to me now because of what ive learnt here and what I can now do because of T2G.

just my POV

First off, thank you for taking the time to reply.

I understand where you are coming from and i have put a lot into the course, including learning a deeper side of coding to help me become as good as i can be, ive also used some skills i've learnt to help develop a business for my mum, which has turned out great and i've loved every minute.

If you wouldn't mind and if you remember could you keep me posted on what happens next? if you get a job out of it or if you produce any work, i dont mean to intrude i think it would help to keep me motivated

Hi Adam

This may help with the motivation
    www.train2gamewinners.co.uk
    as well as
    www.train2gamenewbies.co.uk

As the old saying goes, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, these guys ate and made great puddings :-)

Best
    Eric
    Administration Team Member

The 118 Thread of the Forum can be read here