Thread: Worried about this course

Default Worried about this course

I have just finished the second book, at the end it had loads of programming things that I just couldn't get my head round, do they teach us how to program in this course? I haven't seen any System.out.println("hello world") kind of tutorials, it has just jumped straight into an OpenGL and Rapid3d kind of thing, thanks in advance.

Default yeah same,

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    I have just finished the second book, at the end it had loads of programming things that I just couldn't get my head round, do they teach us how to program in this course? I haven't seen any System.out.println("hello world") kind of tutorials, it has just jumped straight into an OpenGL and Rapid3d kind of thing, thanks in advance.
    Im on the 3rd book and everything so far is just copy and paste code.

phoned up and was told not too worry... as we don't need to know the basics??!?!?! lol

Really? so basically its just, "heres some code, go online and learn about it, play with it yourself"? all that for just 130 a month? bargain, this whole course should just be one sentence "go on youtube and learn it yourself" couldn't we have just skipped the middle man and learn't it ourself?
    Btw hi Rod, I am also new to these forums, its lovely to speak to you, you seem like a lovely bloke, loyal and fathful, I can see that we will be friends for a long time, maybe live together, and even though we share the exact same enjoyments and think the same .. decide that a girl would be a better companion to live with.

hello Dexter

it's not just 'heres some code' its actually 'heres some out of date code that wont work on your current system because our books are actually out of date and im a bit of a poo head'.

every time i call up they seem to get me to install something new or add a bit of code that is 'missing' from their books!

on a separate note, thank you Dexter for saying all those nice words, i would love to be your friend... the only problem is as you can imagine i am a wanna be mobile app games developer who is currently writing threads on an online forum, i dont think i have room in my life for yet another friend!

but seeing as we get on so well... why the flip not, lets be buddies... do you have a sister?

Its out of date? well its handy I suppose, thats probably because we've got to go and do it ourself, I don't know why I didn't think of it? I might start up an online course in cold fusion technologies, get them to sign up and then stroke a long moustache and say "learn it yourself MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
    And thanks friend, I am sat here in the dark wearing nothing but a jumper, pants and glasses but I'll squeeze in another friend, lets be buddies, do you have a hairline?