Thread: Vis Express Debugger Question

Default Vis Express Debugger Question

hi guys basically every time i run a program that i have made i get these errors in the debugger window. is this normal , can they be ignored or am i doing something wrong or am i missing something?

"'Tidy Code practice.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\teknike\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Tidy Code practice\Debug\Tidy Code practice.exe'. Symbols loaded.
    'Tidy Code practice.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Tidy Code practice.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Tidy Code practice.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Tidy Code practice.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr120d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'Tidy Code practice.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp120d.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    The program '[7864] Tidy Code practice.exe' has exited with code 1 (0x1). "

They all build fine with no errors , the programs work as expected yet i always get the same errors in the debugger. this only seems to be a problem in visual express.

here is an example of the code i made that generated these debugger errors (please ignore the blatant abuse of comments :-p)

//Theses are the header files//
    #include "stdafx.h"
    #include <iostream>

//This is declaring using the standard namespace//
    using namespace std;

//This is declaring the first function called Main
    int main()
    {
    // this is using cout to display text to the output window with a new line//
    cout << "I must maintain tidy code.""\n";

return 0;
    }

thanks Enigma
    You come to me with an idea, and I will bring it to life - Enigma

Pretty sure I see these quite often, the PDB file that it talks about (as far as I'm aware) is just a file generated to aid debugging. Don't think there is much of a reason to run through any of them DLL's with a debugger as any error caused within one of them has likely come from your own code making a call it shouldn't, in which case you can follow the stack to trace back to your own code that has made the bad call (if you're lucky and it breaks at the right point of course...).

In short, it's normal, the DLL's have loaded successfully, without debug information.
    Last edited by Hastey; 12-02-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastey View Post
    Pretty sure I see these quite often, the PDB file that it talks about (as far as I'm aware) is just a file generated to aid debugging. Don't think there is much of a reason to run through any of them DLL's with a debugger as any error caused within one of them has likely come from your own code making a call it shouldn't, in which case you can follow the stack to trace back to your own code that has made the bad call (if you're lucky and it breaks at the right point of course...).

In short, it's normal, the DLL's have loaded successfully, without debug information.
    Hey thanks for the quick responce, and for clearing that up :-p
    You come to me with an idea, and I will bring it to life - Enigma