Thread: PP1 .exe's

Question PP1 .exe's

Hi, I've just downloaded and read-through the Portfolio Project 1 instructions. I've even made a pretty-solid test plan/checklist.

But I can't see the 'executable' game-files that were supposed to be with them. Does anyone who's already done PP1 know how/where to find them.

Follow me: Website - www.wahib-yousaf.com | Youtube - wy1986 | Facebook - Wahib Yousaf | PSN - Wahib-Yousaf | Twitter - T20Champ | IGN - MW3-Ghost | NextGenUpdate.com Forums - Rf!X_ClanLeader

Quote Originally Posted by Prospector101 View Post
    Hi, I've just downloaded and read-through the Portfolio Project 1 instructions. I've even made a pretty-solid test plan/checklist.

But I can't see the 'executable' game-files that were supposed to be with them. Does anyone who's already done PP1 know how/where to find them.
    In regards to my initial post, I've found the executable files.

But the Game 1 windows 'crash' when I try to 'run' the Before and After versions.

My DirectX version is 11. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Has anyone else who's done "Portfolio Project 1" encountered this bug with any of the 'executable' game files?

And do you know how I might be able to resolve my problem?

Follow me: Website - www.wahib-yousaf.com | Youtube - wy1986 | Facebook - Wahib Yousaf | PSN - Wahib-Yousaf | Twitter - T20Champ | IGN - MW3-Ghost | NextGenUpdate.com Forums - Rf!X_ClanLeader

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Prospector101 View Post
    In regards to my initial post, I've found the executable files.

But the Game 1 windows 'crash' when I try to 'run' the Before and After versions.

My DirectX version is 11. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Has anyone else who's done "Portfolio Project 1" encountered this bug with any of the 'executable' game files?

And do you know how I might be able to resolve my problem?
    In my 'final-observation', I have concluded that the Game 1 exe's keep crashing because they were initially developed specifically to work on the "Windows Vista" OS. But in today's markets, only Windows 7 and Windows 8 are prevalent. Making this a 'surprise' bug.

Has anybody else encountered this 'recently'?

I have been able to play through the games from Project 1. None of the games ever crashed for me. I am using Windows 7 Professional SP1.

Suggestions on fix:
    1. I would probably suggest you try to run them with integrated graphics card if you have one to see if that works, coz it might be that like you said the game does not support that card you have or something.
    2. Other thing make sure you got the latest GPU driver updates.
    3. Next thing you can try is deleting files and getting fresh copies from your T2G CD.

If all of the above does not help try running them in a compatibility mode and see if that does the trick.

Best of luck

5. Default

those 2 (game 1) wouldn't work on my laptop either, (windows 8.1, Direct X 11 ATI Radeon), my drivers are all up to date and I did try using the windows compatibility thingy to see if it was because windows 8 was too new. Nope.

Did work on my brother's alienware pc, (windows 7, nvidia something something). Could only find about 4 bugs on it though :/