Thread: Understanding Section 1, Part a, lesson 8

Unhappy Understanding Section 1, Part a, lesson 8

Hey guys I understand that we are not supposed to know everything thats being said in this section, but I'm worried I'm struggling too much to understand how the languages work. I've had no previous experience in coding and I don't want to move on not knowing what I'm reading. I suppose the question is, is it okay to move on because we will learn more about whats being said in a later lesson like it states? or does is state that meaning we will learn more about code later on in the course but this bit we should learn now? I hope this makes sense to anon reading it lol.

What you need to understand is that following ONLY the coursework you won't learn coding. You may also go on StudentWorld and look at some videos, or google some sites. Also you have lots of free books you can download about coding. Have a look on the forum. Has to be a sticky thread about those sites where you can find lots of resources about that. I am not gonna create another list of them because there is one.
    It's an online course tho. You briefly learn a bit about everything. If you want to go further you need to do it by yourself.

Awesome, much appreciated information! I shall hunt for these threads lol.

Any time. If you really need some help let me know and I will give you some sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsOnlyDann View Post
    Awesome, much appreciated information! I shall hunt for these threads lol.

I'm gonna have to start using the forums more often, you're all really kind and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by MrDevo View Post
    What you need to understand is that following ONLY the coursework you won't learn coding. You may also go on StudentWorld and look at some videos, or google some sites. Also you have lots of free books you can download about coding. Have a look on the forum. Has to be a sticky thread about those sites where you can find lots of resources about that. I am not gonna create another list of them because there is one.
    It's an online course tho. You briefly learn a bit about everything. If you want to go further you need to do it by yourself.

What an indictment on this course, MrDevo! We pay 5 grand but can't expect to be taught coding? We'll need to go elsewhere and and teach ourselves? We only learn briefly a bit about everything? It doesn't sound very good value to me! It certainly doesn't sound like it's worth 5000!

If you read the plan of the App Development course you can see that programming topics are covered later on in the course:
    Found here

Well without practice even in college or uni you won't pass or learn it's an on-line course. And they do provide videos and live training. You can talk to your tutors/mail them and staff. So...it's OK. But you need to practice
    Quote Originally Posted by Meringa View Post
    What an indictment on this course, MrDevo! We pay 5 grand but can't expect to be taught coding? We'll need to go elsewhere and and teach ourselves? We only learn briefly a bit about everything? It doesn't sound very good value to me! It certainly doesn't sound like it's worth 5000!

I agree with both what MrDevo and Meringa are saying. The course does teach you languages, but you have to practice coding as it is something that will become perfect with experience and time. You can't expect to learn how to code instantly it takes much practice. I had a ten minute discussion with carwash and wolfjie and they advised me to practice coding outside of the course. Now this doesnt mean you should neglect the course, it simply means that the course teaches every little detail and if your not patient and have a passion for coding then its ideal that you make more spare time to gain more experience since making mistakes will help you learn. Its a proven fact that mistakes help us learn. It won't kill you if you try. Goodluck, wish you the best

Hey Guys,

Here are some websites you could try for helping with code

http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAE85DE8440AA6B83

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0EE421AE8BCEBA4A

If anyone has any websites, ebooks, books or videos they know of then stick it on here (: