Thread: Pre Release Version - Task Force Alpha

Question Pre Release Version - Task Force Alpha

Just on a side note here folks, Devils Inc Studios this morning released our pre-release of our space fighter Task Force Alpha (Kept that quiet didnt we) it's now available to play on our site

http://devilsincstudios.com/TFA.html

Its taken around 8 months to assemble including a rebuild from its original GM roots. Powered by the Unity Engine this is our first Official release even if it is a beta version!!
    Nothing Worse Than Climbing The Ladder Of Success Only To Learn It's Leaning Against The Wrong Wall

== Devils Inc Studios ==

Maybe I Like That I'm Not Alright

And Monday brought an update to the 2.3 alpha version release. This brings massive game play updates and look and feel over all to the project. Check it out let us know what you think.
    Nothing Worse Than Climbing The Ladder Of Success Only To Learn It's Leaning Against The Wrong Wall

== Devils Inc Studios ==

-Nice game.

-I thought that being able to go from 1 side of the screen to the other gives the player to much of an advantage. I would consider taking this out of the build. This makes the game much easier to play from the perspective of the player than if this wasn't present. To think of this in just a little more depth by me. How would this be possible. Are there worm holes each side of him wherever he flies that allows him to pop from 1 side of the level to the other. Is only an after thought.

-I think you have a nice array of weapons in the game. The homing missiles were fun to use. I liked the laser weapon most, just felt really deadly. Your weapons/ammunition having different colours to made the game a bit more visually appealing to.

Think that's it from me, thought of writing just a short post.
    Version 3 - On number 11 of 11 core modules. Currently on 'Advanced Animation and Visuals' module.

Hi Richard

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated and as is our practice these ideas will be taken in and processed for the final release version. Its good to have feedback from the community that helped make the game possible so its good to have that base thanks

== Devils Inc Studios ==

5. Default

Hi guys, I'm Nicola, don't know if you remember me, I "worked" with you the last year for a couple of weeks on that zombie game... what about that game? was quite interesting and I remember there was a very nice programmer there.

About this game... I don't want to be rude but... seriously it tooks you 8 months to develop it?? It has a quite basic mechanics and art on it and I don't think I'm an expert... but even with my skills I can clone it completely within a day...
    Nicola Valcasara
    Derp Studios - Lead Developer

Normally not one to post disparaging remarks but Nicola why don't you go ahead and make this in exactly one day, the clause is you can't use any of the ideas present in the game (as they took most of the time).

Looking forward to seeing your work

Holy cripes first up Hi Nicola good to see your doing well, secondly this was done by me which is why it took so long, i did most of the work myself alone, and as I'm on the Designer course it involved me learning Unity myself, the version this post relates to was my original release which was far far simpler than the one up now.

I turned it over to Jason in about August and he turned it into the current release on the site BUT it has been updated beyond even that the "game" version will have a lot more too it, it's also simple because it's a planned mobile release. However the final version will be different and the graphics will have been improved as well.

As for How Long, it's production has been suspended for a bit. Too big a game for a small team and the simpler we made it the thinner the idea became so for now we're focusing on other projects.

== Devils Inc Studios ==

8. Default

@ gothicsyn. Hi there I hope you didn't look at it as an offensive post, was absolutly not my intention. People here are asking for a sincere review and, that was my sincere review. I didn't know was made by one person only cause was not written. On a point of view is a good project for a student, but (is my personal opinion) is not a good time scale and original concept compared to other games around the market. However, is a game, and it show that you can actually do something, and that is always appreciated keep doing what you are doing and you will see that you will be paid back.

@ Athelus. I don't need to demostrate it to noone here, as i said is just my personal opinion on it. Btw, take a look on this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lity.snapblitz . Original concept idea. Built in less than one day. bye
    Nicola Valcasara
    Derp Studios - Lead Developer

The opinion is appreciated and as we have another couple of projects in front to finish once those are done we plan to return to and finish TFA and give it a more finished and final product feel, for a start the final boss in the demo is damned hard to finish off and results in me rage quitting more often than not.

So I know its not complete nor is the "Story Mode" implemented as yet, so I have plenty of ideas to off set it from those "regular" titles it will however above all have it's old school heart so that alone gives it something most games don't have, the visuals need work and we need to run it through Unity Pro once our engineer has time to do so. So its unfinished in many ways and rest assured it will be much better when it's finished!!

== Devils Inc Studios ==