Thread: CMS (content Management System) help please

Question CMS (content Management System) help please

I am now moving onto writing the full GDD, i really want to do this in some kind of software like a wikipage, I hate having to flip through pages to find relevant sections and love the idea of having neat pages that can be easily navigated via links.

Does anyone have any experience of using this kind of thing, my book refers to it as CMS (content management system) but doesn't give any examples so i just googled it and found an enormous amount of them, there are even pages dedicated to listing them.

With so much choice I would love some advice from someone that has tried a few and knows which ones are good and which to avoid. I am going to be starting with Tiddlewiki at the moment, so will let you know how that goes as I use it.
    If you live near brighton and Like D&D, Warhammer, Magic the Gathering and all things Geek let me know, I have a large group of friends and we are always looking for new allies/competition.

Kudos if IDDQD and IDKFA bring back fond memory's

Hey Grim,

Why not try Google docs and use its contents system, I myself use it for our live project docs for Slipstreem,. also if you join or create a team you can give people read/write access and it is quite neat + its free most cms are actually pretty bad unless you have your own webspace and download one thats not hosted by someone

Default Google Docs

Hi,

I've never used google docs before, I thought it was just a version of word that could be shared with others. Is this how you use it, or do you have some kind of addon installed that adapts it?

For the moment i have just started writing it in Libreoffice, I can then upload the finished article into some kind of CMS if i want to, the only reason i really wanted to use such a system was to make a smaller document linked via Hyperlinks to make it a bit smarter. but i can probably figure a way to make that work in libreoffice.

Thanks for the idea though, when i have some more time i might take another look at Google docs.
    If you live near brighton and Like D&D, Warhammer, Magic the Gathering and all things Geek let me know, I have a large group of friends and we are always looking for new allies/competition.

Kudos if IDDQD and IDKFA bring back fond memory's

Feel free to tap my expertise on skype if you need it

Funny enough I am just in the process of rebuilding my website from scratch. I am trying to use Joomla as it is an opensource CMS with a strong community behind it with lots of extensions and plugins. Depends if you are just looking for a way to catalogue and share documents or a way to build a full website.