Thread: Boreing Finance Stuff

Default Boreing Finance Stuff

Hi all,

I have been thinking for a while about how the finances for publishing apps works.

I assume it is covered later in the course, but if you have a fully working app and you want to put it on the market and sell it, do you have to register yourself as a business first?

And do you need to be registered self employed to sort out taxes on all profit made, or is that only if you earn over a certain amount?

I have had a look around the forum and couldn't see another thread about this anywhere.
    If you live near brighton and Like D&D, Warhammer, Magic the Gathering and all things Geek let me know, I have a large group of friends and we are always looking for new allies/competition.

Kudos if IDDQD and IDKFA bring back fond memory's

Putting your app on a market place costs completely depend son that market place. AS for being registered as a business, again that is up to the app store you are publishing to I believe.

Tax wise. if you are registered as self employed, or earn any income other than your normal job, you need to do a self assessment tax return. If this is your only source of income, then you have nothing to worry about - as there is a 7.6 ish k limit on what you can ear before you have to pay tax.

Being self employed though - you do have to pay class 2 national insurance, which works out at just under 3 quid a week.

(I used to be self employed)

/MarkR

Enquiry line: 0845 272 8795 | Student Support line: 0845 272 8796

Thanks for that, I had no clue how it all worked
    If you live near brighton and Like D&D, Warhammer, Magic the Gathering and all things Geek let me know, I have a large group of friends and we are always looking for new allies/competition.

Kudos if IDDQD and IDKFA bring back fond memory's

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grimvoodoo View Post
    Thanks for that, I had no clue how it all worked
    Don't worry - it's all covered in the course
    Student World Team
    http://www.train2game-online.com
    Existing students call 0845 272 8796 for support