Thread: SMA3 - report on playtest

Default SMA3 - report on playtest

Hi all,

I haven't got my student login yet, but I thought I would work through the book anyway, i have got to the section that asks you to go and try out 5 different apps and write a report on the control systems they use and try to find ways of
    improving them, anyone got any good games they have found, i could just go onto the play store and download 5 randoms, but I want to try and find 5 completely different control systems, so if anyone has run into any really unique or well made
    apps can you post them up so I can give them a go.

PS my phone is a HTC Desire C, so it struggles with some of the newer games designed for multi-core phones.
    If you live near brighton and Like D&D, Warhammer, Magic the Gathering and all things Geek let me know, I have a large group of friends and we are always looking for new allies/competition.

Kudos if IDDQD and IDKFA bring back fond memory's

Hi Grimvoodoo,

Try different types of games, rope cutting, path drilling, card games, racing games, adventure games, the list goes on. Each style of game will require a different control system.

In the play store games have a review area, suggest you look games with a high review score, and have a read, there might be comments on the games control system in the reviews. Or, if you want a challenge, look at the low review score games and see if the complaints are about the game controls and then use them as your review games. See if you can determine why the developers thought that their controls were good, yet the players find them awkward, and perhaps avoid similar pitfalls in the future when you're designing your controls.
    Last edited by Voltan; 09-08-2013 at 08:51 AM.

T2G Customer Services: 0845 272 8796
    T2G Tutor Team: 0845 272 8799
    Student Signatures: http://forum.train2game.com/showthre...gnature-Images

Default Thanks

yeah I went ahead and tested as many different types as I could, Luckily I was able to get my hands on a galaxy S4 to test with, as my old HTC desire is a bit knackered when it comes to playing games beyond reversi
    If you live near brighton and Like D&D, Warhammer, Magic the Gathering and all things Geek let me know, I have a large group of friends and we are always looking for new allies/competition.

Kudos if IDDQD and IDKFA bring back fond memory's