Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Robobuddy - a sci fi mmo - recruit

Default Robobuddy - a sci fi mmo - recruit

hello one and all, i am here today to astound and amaze you with this newly created mmo that will blow your mind and it is called something other than robobuddy.

robobuddy is a sci fi mmo, that will take the form of a 3d world that will have players playing a robot character in a totally interactive world.

why robots? in all mmorpgs or atleast most mmorpgs that i have come across you must take on the form of a human type figure, restricting you for customisation, it is true that in some mmo's you get to choose to be fat or tall but your still constricted by the fact you must look in some way human.

Robots don't plain and simple we can go absolutly nuts with customisation for robobuddy and we intend to, you could make them look like a mechwarrior, or a gundam, or a transformer, how about ironman or c3po. Think of 10 robots that you have seen in the movies or in games and just notice how much accessibility there is for customisation, it is insane.

Now what is a really cool robot good for without good gameplay. Now when you think mmo, do you think world of warcraft ofcourse you do, everyone does.

This is due to the fact that mmos dont really over step there boundaries and keep with the same old skill bar and the same old must click to play features.

Now that works, and it shows seeing how mmo sales are going up a hell of alot and alot more mmos are being made, however robobuddy is about stepping away from the mould, thats why it's a sci fi and thats why it's robots.

Were gonna go gameplay mad with this game, we have activities sports, quizzes, dungeons, puzzles, dancing? (more on this when you join) etc.

We have no xp system lowering grinding and making quests more relevant or class system, we feel that a player should not be restricted in such a horrific way.

We have however got a profession and corporation system, profession will get you rolling in either soldier, entertainer, trader, researcher, crafter. These lead on to a corporation where you get to make your final choice on what you will master in will you be an assassin or the worlds greatest singer.

combat obviously needs a revamp for such a couragous game, were making it dynamic, remember playing mechwarrior back in the old days? well think of that just less bulky and alot more fast paced, a video i have used many a time to represent this idea is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAxi38FE8xo Enjoy.

we want players to run into an army of 100 robots and win, we dont want players sitting around after a battle with one monster there level and having to heal to be able to fight the next one, if you have the skill you will succeed.

Who says were sticking to the same third person view either, we have gameplay features for first person, third person and birds eye view. Were getting the rts gamers involved here people and it's going to be awesome.

now you maybe asking yourself why is this guy giving out all this information, what does he want from this advertisement of his game that he's been keeping secret 3 years.

Well ladies and gentleman i am the lead designer and i am here to recruit you!

Think you have what it takes to help create this game, are you as nuts as me in thinking that this could really start your career in gaming with great leaps and bounds.

I will not lie to you people i think this game has the potential to change the way mmo's are made, however that is because i created it and i'm very much full of myself.

The one thing we desperatly need is some 3d modellers who can save there created files into a .fbx format for our brand spanking new 3d game engine being created by a great developer, i'm a huge fan of his he will do well.

We are building a PHP website, being created by 2 men who are incredibly popular one of whom you may know on this forum, good ol Tainer. Helping me out why you ask? because he see's the potential he knows this game will go far so come and join us.

I don't care who you are, where you live, what your skill is, i want you and we will find a place for you. But seriously if your a 3d modeller get stuck in please.

speak soon.

contact me at

partayd@hotmail.com

and please make it aware of your interests for robobuddy and your abilities.
    Unity3D curious

Mate can you program 3D? Have you ever made a simple 2D game that wasn't game maker? Do you have 2 years minimum to commit to making this?

well brett who you may know is already coding the 3d game engine, yes i have 2 years commited, i have already commited 3 and yes i have made a simple 2d game before using rpg maker xp :P.

i'm a designer not a developer, but i do require my developers to tell me everything they are doing so i am in the know and i do know whats going on.

i also consult them when i come up with a new game idea, and they will describe to me the options infront of us on how to accomplish that.

My team is very efficient and i always make sure that all work has been properly co-ordinated and filed.
    Unity3D curious

Ahh very well then, good lck with the project i see ur well into your course so not sure you will be hear when robobuddys finished, if you are tell me how it goes yh.

screw telling you lol your gonna be playing it buddy you all will :P
    Unity3D curious

can help you with some 3d modelling but have access to 3ds max and maya files which modelling software type do you need?

i've been asked for modellers who use 3ds max, but if its a fbx file it shouldnt really matter
    Unity3D curious

Any specifics on models you require and do you want them complete with bones or just the model itself?

Likewise for textures.

models of robots with a mesh, as brett is using mesh rendering.

ermm if you look at the youtube video i have posted on my first message i think thats quite a good angle for this part of the project.

when taking into account the look of the robot, i think i would like to see quite a damaged metalic look, maybe busted from battle or just can't afford to have shiney metal.

obviously with this mmo, we want a huge variety of robots so if you could build a variety, some with wheels instead of legs, different sizes.

hands and feet can differ with claws or instead of a arm you have some sort of cannon.

just try and experiment with all these different looks, if you look at star wars, mechwarrior, gundam, transformers, ironman, meteroid prime, etc. etc.

this is a really basic drawing i did that shows off the kind of varieties we could have

if you are able to add me on skype or xfire or msn it would make things alot more easier for me.
    Last edited by Bahero; 12-11-2009 at 03:23 PM.
    Unity3D curious

will have a go at something tonight but still unclear if you want inverse kinetics and bones already set or if you want parts and leave the joining and movements to tainer?