Thread: UDK Unreal Script, Stuck Character floating in air

Default UDK Unreal Script, Stuck Character floating in air

Hello,

Im having trouble with some UDK unreal Script for a game that im creating, I needed a pawn to follow the player so have got the code set up and running the pawn follows the player but flies he around 2 feet of the ground and i have no way to get him on the floor?

I have tried everything
    Code:
    Code:

class LoonBot extends GameAIController;//declaring variables here means//they may be used throughout this scriptvar Vector MyTarget;//at the start of the levelsimulated event PostBeginPlay(){super.PostBeginPlay();//start the brain going at half second intervalsSetTimer(0.5, true, 'BrainTimer');}function BrainTimer(){//local variables are only used in this functionlocal Pawn P;local float Distance;//check if theres another pawn, the pawn belongning to this controller isnt countedforeach WorldInfo.AllPawns(class'Pawn', P){if (P != None)  //if there is one{//get the distanceDistance = VSize2D(Pawn.Location - P.Location);//if its closer than 500if (Distance <= 1000)            {             //make its location MyTarget             MyTarget.Y = P.Location.Y;             MyTarget.X = P.Location.X;             //so it doesnt fly up n down             MyTarget.Z = P.Location.Z;             //MoveTo the pawn             GoToState('MoveAbout');            }            else  //if its too far away            {            //do whats in the function called MoveRandom()            MoveRandom();            }          }          else  //if there isnt another pawn          {            //call the function MoveRandom()            aMoveRandom();          }        }}function MoveRandom(){    local int OffsetX;  local int OffsetY;  //make a random number  OffsetX = Rand(500)-Rand(500);  OffsetY = Rand(500)-Rand(500);       //some distance left or right and some distance in front or behind    MyTarget.X = Pawn.Location.X + OffsetX;    MyTarget.Y = Pawn.Location.Y + OffsetY;       //so it doesnt fly up n down       MyTarget.Z = Pawn.Location.Z;    //move to the random location    GoToState('MoveAbout');}state MoveAbout{Begin:    //MoveTo makes it move to a location (vector)    MoveTo(MyTarget);}defaultproperties{}

I have tried editing the
    Code:
    Code:

MyTarget.Z = P.Location.Z - 47 ; // 47 is the height shown in kismet for my player
    but nothing is working i have tried directly editing it in kismet and still nothing happens
    Here is a picture of my character floating

Can some one shed some light onto this,
    Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Problem solved, Collision height needed modding if anyone else has any problems with custom pawns floating

Code:
    Begin Object Name=CollisionCylinder
    CollisionRadius=?????
    CollisionHeight=?????
    End Object
    CylinderComponent=CollisionCylinder