Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Portfolio project 4

Default Portfolio project 4

Hi, can anybody give me any recommendations on how to go about project 4 with format and any general pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

What is the project?

project 4 is researching genres and then comparing the differences, to identify contrast in demographic, which i find confusing as i feel i dont fit a demographic because there is very little i dont play. :P

what i would say you do is, is go and test Demo's if the is Demo Graphics your comparing then play on FFXIII-2 demo and Fifa 12 demo and try comparing the graphics btw them 2 inless im getting the wrong end of the stick lol

Hi guys,

HeatPhalanx i think you have got confused between demographics and graphics.

Dragoonjinx, what i did was look at two categories that you enjoy and play the most, this way you will already have a lot of knowledge about them, therefore saving you time researching. Its also more enjoyable to talk about and do further research on games you already like!

I did mine on sports games and FPS because i like FIFA and COD:MW3, i expanded this and added Madden NFL and Battlefield 3. I have learnt alot about each game and the genres by doing this portfolio. For me it was the most fun out of all 4 portfolios. A tip would be to use the overview of genres in the teaching booklets as a foundation, this will give you some ideas to develop on and investigate.

Good luck!
    Course - Games QA Tester
    Latest Result - Portfolio 1 = 60%
    Portfolio 2 = 60%
    Portfolio 3 and 4 = 80%
    Studying - Portfolio 1
    Mood -

Thanks that does kinda help, but literally how should i present it, thats the main problem i'm having.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by dragoonjinx View Post
    Thanks that does kinda help, but literally how should i present it, thats the main problem i'm having.
    Thanks again.
    An introduction, what are you doing in the document and why, to achieve what?
    The actual layout should be the one that works best for the comparison.
    I suspect some discussion and then maybe a nice chart of some kind showing the similarities and differences.
    A conclusion, summary at the end.

Regarding not fitting in a demographic you do regardless of what you play
    Gender and age can be demographics!

Darklight basically its discussing 2 genre's seperatly and then comparing the 2 for a 3rd document. If you still have the copy of my work you can see what I mean comes in handy for you when it comes to helping us.

The only bit im stuck on is suggestions on how to improve 4 different games. Not only can't I find a source to back up my idea, but I can't think of much anyway.

I went on indiecity.com and used 4 games on there, for example i took a game called target practice and then suggested how it could be given longevity by applying a score table and challenges and then mentioned comparisons between it and the modern warfare 2 training run.
    hope that helps.

Yea that does, thanks.

I had an idea for ME3 to help improve the multiplayer and single player connections but not sure how I word it or anything haha. But yea I never thought to use an indie game instead of AAA titles for the project.