Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [NEWS] Train2Game Videogames Courses Awarded Full City & Guilds Qualification Status!

I have to admit, I'm a bit confussed by this. If section 2 and 3 is going to require more work for the C&G, why do we need to wait until after section 2 before we can request consideration for the C&G? If those parts of the course are changing, surely it's cheaper for T2G to just run with 1 set of course work. Or, if the course work isn't changing - what exactly is required to be considered for the C&G that isn't already included in the course?

Quote Originally Posted by Philddlesticks View Post
    I think it's nice to have City & Guild as it's obviously more recognised... I signed in December and started in Jan so I hope I can get it too.
    i signed mid last year however ive not been able to dedicate much time to it due to other situations and am only up to Section 1 Part B, its not as if im far in but the date would hinder me i guess. once i get to the point of being able to apply to the C&G i will , wouldve been nice to have everyone change over with the course updates n all. but hey this is the way the world works :/
    TMA Scores: Introduction: TMA-95%
    Section 1: TMA1-90%, TMA2-95%, TMA3-100%, TMA4-95%, TMA5-90%, TMA6-95%, TMA7-100%, TMA8-100%, TMA9-95% Section 1 Exam- 70%
    Section : TMA10-100%

I signed up last year and would love to know what the situation is for anyone who enrolled before 1st March 2012.

1. What criteria is required to "upgrade" the course we are already on?
    2. If we have to pay more, does the overall course price for new students also increase? If not it does seem unfair.

It would be cool of T2G to be upfront with their loyal students and at least give a guideline of what we can do if we want to get the extra recognition.
    It is great news and I am happy that they have achieved this but obviously I empathise with fellow students who are concerned with being overshadowed by newer students just because they signed up earlier.

Quoting MattB since people seem to be missing his post in the middle of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    OK, I have some answers:

Firstly to clear up some confusion Train2Game courses not accredited by City & Guilds. The courses lead to a City & Guilds accredited Qualification. Train2Game is not a City & Guilds Centre - that's something different - but the courses we offer lead to a City & Guilds accredited Qualification.

About enrolling before 1st March: The City & Guilds qualifications are only relevant to students who enrolled on or after 1st March 2012. Students who enrolled prior to 1st March may be able to undertake the qualification after passing the TIGA qualification, ie. the qualification for which they enrolled, but there would be additional portfolio work to undertake. Please contact us when you have successfully completed the whole of Section 2 if you wish to be considered for the City & Guilds qualification.

The QA course is currently undergoing City & Guilds accredited qualification status but it is not expected to be completed before the end of July 2012.

If there are more questions please let me know.

Yeah I read that but it doesn't really answer my two questions.
    Sorry, I am one of those slightly OCD people who like to know every detail!

No-one can answer my questions?

Quote Originally Posted by BenF View Post
    1. What criteria is required to "upgrade" the course we are already on?
    2. If we have to pay more, does the overall course price for new students also increase? If not it does seem unfair.
    1) The criteria as they stand at the moment are to complete section 2 and then speak to your tutor team. Then you'll have to complete additional portfolio work. This is probably determined on an individual basis, so they can't state specific guidelines.

2) No-one has said either way, but I don't believe there is. If you're concerned about finding out exactly it'll probably be a good idea to try talking to your tutor team. At worst there'll be a standalone fee at one point, they won't be adjusting the finance that you already have in place to be on the course.

If there is an extra cost, I don't really see it as 'unfair' as such. I suppose it depends to what degree. If you missed out on the cutoff by only a day or two and end up paying an extra cost then I could see that you might be a little more upset. I signed up two months before the cutoff point and I think that's fair enough. Things change, that's the nature of business.

If I can get the qualification with just a little more portfolio work, then that's fine. If I have to pay a nominal fee as well, then I'll probably do that too. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroDragn View Post
    1) The criteria as they stand at the moment are to complete section 2 and then speak to your tutor team. Then you'll have to complete additional portfolio work. This is probably determined on an individual basis, so they can't state specific guidelines.
    When I first enquired about it, I was told this too, but after completing section 2 a couple of weeks ago along with the first two portfolio projects, I followed this up and was told that the whole course needs to be completed first.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMD76 View Post
    When I first enquired about it, I was told this too, but after completing section 2 a couple of weeks ago along with the first two portfolio projects, I followed this up and was told that the whole course needs to be completed first.
    It may be course specific, i mean regarding which point you complete the additional portfolio work or it may be worth contacting the tutor team again just in case someone got confused with all these newfangled changes to a tutor daily life.

Outstanding news. So proud to be part of it all. Hopefully it will encourage more people to join rather than spread the pish about it being a ****.