Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Monitor stuck on power saving mode

Default Monitor stuck on power saving mode

Hey guys,

I've just received my new computer (awesome) but my monitor seems to be stuck in power saving mode when I boot up the computer.

I've had a look inside the computer and everything seems to be working properly, and I've tried the power supply cables in the old computer and the monitor loads up as normal.

Do you think I need a higher voltage power supply cable going from the computer to the monitor?

Any advice would be great thanks.
    Visit me on LinkedIn! CLICK ME!
    Follow me on Twitter!CLICK ME!

Have you tried fiddling with the various options on the monitor itself?

Portfolio: A.R.H. Web and Games Design

LinkedIn:

"Dammit Jim! I'm a Designer not a Programmer!"

I had a similar problem when I got my new computer, it turns out I had plugged my VGA cable into the wrong port (as there were 2 ports one for the inbuilt graphics and one for the graphics card) check to see if your computer has 2 VGA port and try them both (if you use VGA that is). I did have a major facepalm mark on my face for days when I realized! Its a common thing to do, believe me!
    Last edited by Thunderball; 11-28-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Feel free to send me a friend request just make sure to message me you're from Train2Game!
    GamerTag: PKTHUND3RBALL Skype: thunderball.1991 Steam: GameDevThunderball Tumblr: http://gamedevthunderball.tumblr.com/ Twitter: @GameDevThunder Youtube: Thunderball/

Quote Originally Posted by Calibur View Post
    Hey guys,

I've just received my new computer (awesome) but my monitor seems to be stuck in power saving mode when I boot up the computer.

I've had a look inside the computer and everything seems to be working properly, and I've tried the power supply cables in the old computer and the monitor loads up as normal.

Do you think I need a higher voltage power supply cable going from the computer to the monitor?

Any advice would be great thanks.
    I would say try your way or if you can go into your monitors setting, and do a factory reset. Some monitors have them built into them, i had to do it when i got my new dell pc and it worked fine after

I'm not quite sure what you mean Andy?

I've tried opening the menu for the monitor and autosetting it from the buttons on the front but like I said its stuck in power saving mode so I can't see anything >.<

When I turn the computer on the monitor power display button doesn't change from orange like there's no power being received on the monitors end, if I turn it on and off it goes blue for a second then says "Power saving mode" and goes back to orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I had a similar problem when I got my new computer, it turns out I had plugged my VGA cable into the wrong port (as there were 2 ports one for the inbuilt graphics and one for the graphics card) check to see if your computer has 2 VGA port and try them both (if you use VGA that is). I did have a major facepalm mark on my face for days when I realized! Its a common thing to do, believe me!
    It seems like I only have one slot,

I'm using the bottom slot at the moment, I do have an adapter that would let me use the top slot but the other end won't fit the monitors power supply end so I guess I can possibly rule that out for now.

I've tried opening the menu for the monitor and autosetting it from the buttons on the front but like I said its stuck in power saving mode so I can't see anything >.<

When I turn the computer on the monitor power display button doesn't change from orange like there's no power being received on the monitors end, if I turn it on and off it goes blue for a second then says "Power saving mode" and goes back to orange.
    Hmm if your monitor is doing that it may be something to do with the monitor itself. Maybe a fuse (either inside the monitor or the plug) has blown or a key component in the monitor has gone. If you have a spare monitor or a vga port on a laptop or tv see if it displays on there.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 11-28-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Feel free to send me a friend request just make sure to message me you're from Train2Game!
    GamerTag: PKTHUND3RBALL Skype: thunderball.1991 Steam: GameDevThunderball Tumblr: http://gamedevthunderball.tumblr.com/ Twitter: @GameDevThunder Youtube: Thunderball/

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Hmm if your monitor is doing that it may be something to do with the monitor itself. Maybe a fuse (either inside the monitor or the plug) has blown or a key component in the monitor has gone.
    I've tested the monitor with the old computer and it works fine, hence the confusement on my part XD

I've tested the monitor with the old computer and it works fine, hence the confusement on my part XD
    Ah lol...maybe try the higher voltage cable then lol...this has now confused me also...wtf!

Yes, that was what I was suggesting, but it seems that the problem you're having is not anything to do with the monitor settings on the monitor itself.

The video signal is not getting to the monitor, so check that the cable connections are secure and correct. Also try another cable if the original one is not hardwired into the monitor.

Portfolio: A.R.H. Web and Games Design

LinkedIn:

"Dammit Jim! I'm a Designer not a Programmer!"