Thread: [Blog] “Dude in a suit” not involved with game development at Ubisoft Montreal

Default [Blog] “Dude in a suit” not involved with game development at Ubisoft Montreal

Ubisoft Creative Director Jason Vandenberghe has given some interesting insights into how things work at Ubisoft Montreal. One thing he makes clear is that the "Dude in a suit" doesn't have a hand in game development, with the staff allowed to let their creative juices flow.

Find out more here on the Train2Game blog.

Jason Vandenberghe spoke about game development - and how to get into the industry - in an interview with the Train2Game blog at Gamescom earlier this year.

What do you make of the comments about life at Ubisoft Montreal? Does it sound like an environment you’d relish working in?

Leave your comments on the Train2Game blog, or here on the Train2Game forum.

Ubisoft have managed to get themselves a fairly bad name within the PC gaming community, but I don't think anyone doubts the quality of the work their Montreal studio produces. They've put out a staggering amount of quality titles, which is probably why folks get their knickers in such a knot about some of the business decisions that the dude in the suit does make. I don't know who wouldn't want to work for the studio - their output always seems to ooze creative freedom and I've seen some great staff interviews on their design processes.

So yeah, would love to work in the environment. Must be hard putting up with some of the recent criticism that has nothing to do with the studio, though. Hell, I'm not even sure it is valid criticism (although it is understandable).