Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Thread: Test plans

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    yeah true. its nice to have different ideas for each type of plan and i must say the one posted above in response is absolutely fantastic. really has helped my understanding of the test plan
    Well each game would require very different critical tests, an FPS has many different functions to a karaoke game.
    Still glad it's of some use!

yea true, i did some earlier research on the types of testing that occurs, e.g. regression testing, unit testing, localization testing, soak testing, load testing and so forth. quite a nice area of the development cycle to explore i think. i was considering maybe getting in touch with some developers and go the normal way by becoming a game tester. just to experience it, hehe
    xbox 360 gamertag - Chaos3ngine
    PSN- Final_Chaos1980
    Steam - Chaos3ngine

as i said to the ex wife "it wasnt my fault, she was more sexier than you...."

Quote Originally Posted by Darklights View Post
    an FPS has many different functions to a karaoke game
    There's a game idea, an FPS where you sing people to death, typing of the dead style.

REBECCA BLACK: RELOADED. (<--- Patent Pending)

I would so totally make that game with someone, and guys, you are free to test it.

or make the game: "Lady Gaga really does kill people..."
    PSN- Final_Chaos1980
    Steam - Chaos3ngine

or make the game: "Lady Gaga really does kill people..."
    Unlockable Character?

LOL, ok, I am so up for this. Or at least making MUGEN characters of the two. xD

lmao. here we go i think we need a high concept doc at the ready already . yea lady gaga can be unlockable, maybe throw in the bee gees as group unlockables, i already feel sorry for the testers of this game having to endure the pain. lol :P
    PSN- Final_Chaos1980
    Steam - Chaos3ngine

sounds good... and Rick Astley as the last boss? xD

I may actually work on the high concept doc as a practice, at the very least! haha!

ye then if u fail rick astley, u get the "u got rick rolled" sequence coming up on screen, then when this happens it burns out the console and the tv it was connected to. pure carnage! :P
    PSN- Final_Chaos1980
    Steam - Chaos3ngine

yea true, i did some earlier research on the types of testing that occurs, e.g. regression testing, unit testing, localization testing, soak testing, load testing and so forth. quite a nice area of the development cycle to explore i think. i was considering maybe getting in touch with some developers and go the normal way by becoming a game tester. just to experience it, hehe
    Regression is part of the test cycle rather than a test in it's own right.
    Soaks are fun and part of submission so a necessary check.
    Load and unit are rare tests, altho load is becoming much more utilised with online gaming.
    I'm putting together a flow chart for test cycle so I guess that would explain it a bit better.

Testing is the best way to learn you see a game from alpha through to gold and touch every department in areas they've never been touched before.

yea thats a great idea darklights. in essence it would be good to know what tests are undertaken in which specific type of order. im actually tempted to give QA a go now, lol
    PSN- Final_Chaos1980
    Steam - Chaos3ngine