PDA

View Full Version : Final fantasy Fan Club

Pages : [1] 2

Chaos Martin
08-25-2009, 02:30 AM
I made a group called Rpg world, its about Final fantasy! If your into the game then why not join it? only of small fee of £9.99:smug: is needed. lol na its free to join. talk, post and also make friens who also seem to love the game.

Munty
08-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Bloody hell martin, 2.30 am? Did you go to bed last night :D

I'm a FF fan but as I've already said I don't really work well with new things and the change to 3D kind of put me off the franchise... I've played most 2D FFstyle rpgs and enjoyed them but I don't know, I guess the new look just never did it for me :(

Chaos Martin
08-25-2009, 06:23 PM
well I was fine during the following moring got at 11.15

Chaos Martin
08-25-2009, 11:25 PM
:doh: I misssplet culb I MEAN club. now it wont let me change it. me tired? never! (BASH) "head falls on keyboard and falls asleep. lol

ASBOBlair
08-26-2009, 08:50 PM
I like the Final Fantasy games!

They're my favourite rpgs.
But I only really heard of them when number 9 came out so I was abit behind & then i became abit addicted to playing them!

They had this thing on facebook where you could pick your favourite computer game character but i couldnt decide! i dont really know!

Munty
08-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Blair, download ZSNES (it's a snes emulator) and have a go at some of the earlier games. FF3/6 (same game don't ask :p) is a really good instalment.

hexalot
08-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Very few games have even come close to the awsome Final Fantasy series. It is untouchable.

IndigoWhite
08-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Legend of dragoon was the closest in my opinion, I quite enjoyed that.

hexalot
08-26-2009, 10:48 PM
i enjoyed Arc that was a good one. Never liked Rogue galaxy or Kingdom hearts tho

Chaos Martin
08-26-2009, 11:45 PM
well acualy the first final fantasy to relised in europe is FF7, that becaus the nintedo 64 was sticking to cartdige but sony ps1 was using the latest disc. The people behind ff7 wanted to make a 3d final fantasy but since the size of the memory of it was so big the n 64 cartdrige could not contain that much memory so Square went over to ps1. and as the 3 is 6 or 6 is 3. 6 is 6! in japan that is. 1,2,3 were only released in japan but wen the snes came they made ff4 and they sold ff4 in north america this being the first ff4 game relased out side of japan in north america it was realsed as ff2 and for some odd reason ff6 got realsead as ff3.
and as for ff5 it only got released in japan. :sothere:
gez they wasnt good comuication betwin these 2 countrys were there?

hexalot
08-26-2009, 11:50 PM
hey good knowledge there mate. You learn somthing every day. Do you know why it was called final fantasy?

Chaos Martin
08-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Has any 1 try grandia? I think its a amazing game best battle system yet. they just need to make more.

hexalot
08-26-2009, 11:54 PM
There are three of them. Grandia 1 on the ps1 grandia 2 on the ps 2 and the third one has not yet been released in europe.

Final Fantasy was aptly name because it was to be the creators last ever game.

By the way Grandia rocks.

Chaos Martin
08-27-2009, 12:06 AM
I knew that! yeah I got grandai 2 and 1. hurry 3! Im going to keep my grandai's cuz they going to be worth somting. I mean I being seeing ps1 game being sold at £25! so peole keep your old games! you may never know!

hexalot
08-27-2009, 12:13 AM
i would only keep my games for my own use. All my FF games are in frames on my walls. The resale value is irrelavent when compared to nostalgia.

Prophet
08-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Every FF game I've ever tried to play crashed. I'm not meant to play FF.

Even Final Fantasy Tactics, and I really liked that one.

novogeek
08-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Every FF game I've ever tried to play crashed. I'm not meant to play FF.

Even Final Fantasy Tactics, and I really liked that one.

Sounds like the gods are against you mate. :eek:

I haven't played any FF games and only watched 2 FF movies ... didn't like the second movie but I think this stems from me not understanding FF.

Munty
08-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Not bad Martin but you have you're numbers a little off ;)

Final Fantasy 1 was released in the states a year or two after its original release in japan but then 2 and 3 never were. That's why when 4 was released in the states it was actually called 2 and the same goes for 6 being called 3.

Interestingly the final fantasy 4 released in the states was actually a different format to the Japanese game with a slightly different enemy set and difficulty rating. I believe the end boss was different as well (the animation at least) although that may have been FF3 (the real FF3).

After FF6 the franchise had become so popular in the west as to make all releases an international affair. I believe they even called the western release of ff7 FF7 International so as to avoid confusinon with the 3 missing numbers I guess! Didn't work!!!

I believe it was around about ff7 that they began releasing the games in Europe too as I have a feeling the first games never sold over here, not so sure about Europe though. Know more about the US versions for some reason :D

It's now possible to play all of the existing titles in english in some way or another as fairly recently no.s 2 and 3 have been released for the psp and nds respectively. I must confess I emulated the ds game but I didn't like it so it's not like I cost the guys a sale or anything :p

The first two quality american ports remain my favourites though, 2+3 or 5+6 however you look at it were and still are the best.

IndigoWhite
08-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Now that's final fantasy history there. Nice post :)

Munty
08-27-2009, 11:37 AM

Chaos Martin
08-27-2009, 01:28 PM
yep ff7 was the first ff 2b realeased in europe but what I dont get it when they realsed ff4 in america they called 2 and I wonder how many people were looking for ff1 in america! and as for ff4 there were 2 verstions. easy and the orignal. back in the day ff was quit a hard rpg to play so worried that when ff4 was realsed in amreica people wouldnt take to it cuz it was too hard so when the easy vertion came the changed a few things like adding more commands like roasas pray, and cutting the cost of items and weapons in half, enimes became weaker and for the final boss Zeromus he was change to Zeromus EZ. they were many more changes as well. the first retro ff was ff6 that came out around about the same time ff10 came out then they relased antholgy ff5 and ff4. then ff orgins ff1 and 2. but then later on ff3 came out on the ds! now ff4 is out on the ds. i wonder if there going to do 5 on ds?

And to ansewer the qustion of how did final fantasy get its name the producer of the seris Mr Hironobu Sakaguchi, as most of us now when square was a small company, it wasnt making lots of money and bank rubcy was around the corner, so Hironobu Sakaguchi desiced to make his last dream his final fantasy, and thats how the name came to be. So in a way ff is the savour of sqaure. got any more qu?

Munty
08-27-2009, 02:35 PM
I dont get it when they realsed ff4 in america they called 2 and I wonder how many people were looking for ff1 in america!

I just said why :p They called it 2 because they never released the original japanese no.2 and 3 in the states. They only decided to translate no.4 because the franchise was doing so well in Japan.

final fantasy one was released in america on the NES about 2 years after it was first released in Japan.

Read my original post dude I'm just repeating the same stuff :p

ASBOBlair
08-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the tip Munty, il check it out.
I did buy number 5 a couple of years ago but my bloody playstation broke at the beginning and it ruined the disk! All i remember is some girl with blonde hair. I think....

p.s.
Whoever says they don't like kingdom hearts should be kicked!

hexalot
08-27-2009, 09:05 PM
hey i say that i do not like kingdom hearts because they have taken micky mouse filled it with FF7 charectors and spat out a game where you beat some one up with a giant key. I can't help it lol.

IndigoWhite
08-27-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't like KH, never seemed to work for me :S

hexalot
08-27-2009, 09:13 PM
careful IW we will get kicked lol

ASBOBlair
08-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Oh my goodness, you both insult me!:(

& coming from somone who said "i only played it bcos of my son" oh yes! i wont forget that! lol

kindgom hearts is brilliant, i dont care what you say. but i suppose you can both have your opinions..... & pls dont say its a girly game either.

hexalot
08-27-2009, 09:18 PM
ok i wont say it is a girly game but i will say that my wife enjoys them lol.

IndigoWhite
08-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Kingdom Hearts is in the same boat as spirits within.

ASBOBlair
08-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Lets just get away from kingdom hearts otherwise il have to get off of here and play it, & now ive got the 2nd theme song in my head. Thanks alot! lol

wat other games dont you like then??

Munty
08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
I've never played KH but I keep seeing them on the 'reduced' racks in Game stores and there must be a reason. Every time I pick it up I can never make out exactly what it's supposed to be, it just looks a bit odd. Like when the Flinstones met the Jetsons...

hexalot
08-27-2009, 09:29 PM
I am into my fighting games at the moment. But still play the odd FPS

IndigoWhite
08-27-2009, 09:31 PM
I dont like MGS, don't get why that has sold so much?

ASBOBlair
08-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Well just bcos they're on the reduced racks it doesnt mean that has any effect on them as a game. i saw tekken 5 for £5 the other day! does that mean its crap??

& i like tekken so id take offence to that!

hexalot
08-27-2009, 09:35 PM
what format was TEKKEN 5 on ?

IndigoWhite
08-27-2009, 09:35 PM
tekken is crap lol, dead or alive any day for me :P

ASBOBlair
08-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Hex wat du mean wat format was it on? Can you be abit less technical pls lol

Indi the only reason you like dead or alive is bcos those women hav such hug boobs lol

hexalot
08-27-2009, 09:40 PM
dead or alive was great when they spent time making the boobs move more naturally lol. ( showing the sad side of my inner child)

hexalot
08-27-2009, 09:41 PM
PSP? cause was download only on the PS3.

IndigoWhite
08-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Indi the only reason you like dead or alive is bcos those women hav such hug boobs lol

Whilst that is true. I did love the game anyways.

Chaos Martin
08-27-2009, 09:48 PM
:sothere: I think kingdome is a KICK ASS game! Story all right, Kh1 is is kinda mash mash the same button and the gummy ships ride was slow but in Kh2 that was inproved a bit faster gummy ship and more buttons to press while in battle.

ASBOBlair
08-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Tekken dont have their women roaming around in just abit of cloth either but i admit i was abit addicted to the first dead or alive.

It was on the ps3 hex.

ASBOBlair
08-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Im glad someone has finally defended kingdom hearts besides me!

Munty
08-27-2009, 09:52 PM
I can't believe people are spending more time talking about KH than Dead or Alive, especially now that boobs have been brought into it.

Oh how things have changed :p

hexalot
08-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Im glad someone has finally defended kingdom hearts besides me!

I am not trashing KH just again didn't like the fact they took FF and mixed it with Disney.

On the TEKKEN thingy about the women cristie montana need i say more or should i say can they get her any more scantally clad

Munty
08-27-2009, 09:56 PM
They could try, I don't mind jusging scantily clad women if we're going down that road... Would rather they weren't pixellated though lol

And I think the whole FF/Disney mix thing is what's going to have put off 99% of the people who don't like KH. It's just wierd, although I guess the strange boxart is the only reason I even know what it is so meh...

hexalot
08-27-2009, 09:58 PM
it is sad but true women are very much dressed down in fighting games especially lol

ASBOBlair
08-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Well im glad they're dressed down, you wouldnt see me fighting in a bikini or a flippin cat suit! id spend more time trying to cover my dignity lol
its just something to distract the opposition.

hexalot
08-27-2009, 10:03 PM
I only see combos combos and then some juggling

ASBOBlair
08-27-2009, 10:04 PM
They should have steel capped boots and knuckle dusters

hexalot
08-27-2009, 10:07 PM
they have guns in tekken six i will settle for that. Hot women with smoking metal oh the thought of it. Just like a manga comic lol

ASBOBlair
08-27-2009, 10:09 PM
its like yoshimoto has that big arse sword that can kill someone in a single blow! i used to use that move on my sister alot lol

hexalot
08-27-2009, 10:10 PM
lol KUMA can finish of someone in one hit by farting on them. lol

ASBOBlair
08-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Lol is that actually true? Bloody bear is so flippin annoying lol

hexalot
08-27-2009, 10:13 PM
add me on your PS3 and i will show you lol.

ASBOBlair
08-27-2009, 10:39 PM
I havent had the ps3 for long I dnt kno how to work all the functions properly yet lol
Ive just noticed sumthing! Why did noone correct me when I referred to yoshimitzu as yoshimoto?lol
Thats wel embarrassing!

Munty
08-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Guys you were doing so well and then it just fizzled out again lol

ASBOBlair
08-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Lol wats that supposed to mean?
Arent u impressed by my humility??lol

hexalot
08-27-2009, 10:50 PM
reading fast there is a thread i posted called bad spelling that will explain the lack of correction on my behalf. http://forum.train2game.com/showthread.php?t=837

Chaos Martin
08-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Ok then would you or any 1 be happy If the netx kingdome hearts game the women fight with there breasts??????? I admit im not a huge fan pr either dead or aliver or tekken BUT DAMN! who needs weapons if you got boobs for weapons!

hexalot
08-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Ok then would you or any 1 be happy If the netx kingdome hearts game the women fight with there breasts??????? I admit im not a huge fan pr either dead or aliver or tekken BUT DAMN! who needs weapons if you got boobs for weapons!

not even boobs will help KH win me over if they kill mickey mouse then ok i will consider it lol

Chaos Martin
08-27-2009, 11:04 PM
KILL MICKY MOUSE!:noooo: with out micky mouse thel be no disney and no diseny means no KH! Micky must live!

hexalot
08-27-2009, 11:05 PM
in my house he is on the tv every half hour that damn mickey mouse club house. i have watched it so many times i sing the damn theme tune. Why wont it just stop why! :D

Chaos Martin
08-27-2009, 11:09 PM
I know what you mean my gf watches sweeny todd soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many time I go to work singing "we all desiver to die" or "have a little preist, sir its too good at least, awful lot of fat, only were it sat, havnt you got poet? or somthing like that, you see the trouble with poet is how do know it, deceased? try the priest" See I know the lines! AHHHHHHHHH!:noooo:

hexalot
08-27-2009, 11:11 PM
was a good film tho. "its the mickey mouse club house come inside its fun inside its the mickey mouse club house ROLE CALL!!!" you get the reason why mickey must die now lol.

Chaos Martin
08-27-2009, 11:19 PM
I understand, so in your case it more like roll call! Shot gun! Shoots! micky!:clap:

hexalot
08-27-2009, 11:23 PM
yeah that's it lol.

Munty
08-28-2009, 07:30 AM
lol I've never seen much point to the clubhouse so we don't watch it (by which I mean we with the baby not just us in general :p Doesn't seem particularly worth watching! He does love Thomas which is great but they've changed the music and given the trains all 3d faces which is so lame :( Same with Fireman Sam.

ASBOBlair
08-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Well I say Mickey Mouse makes that damn game! I got goosebumps on the first one when he popped out at the end, he's so sweeeeeeet!!! lol

And as for saying women should be fighting with their boobs, not in a million years will that ever happen! & id be appauled if it did!

hexalot
08-28-2009, 11:49 AM
And as for saying women should be fighting with their boobs, not in a million years will that ever happen! & id be appauled if it did!

It would hert too much lol. Besideds most natural women are not that well indowed to be able to fight with there boobs. What were we doing last night for this topic to start heading towards the gutter lol.

Chaos Martin
08-28-2009, 05:05 PM
I started wondering that wen I posted this thread for my final fantasy fan culb and the next thing I knew every1 was talking about dead or alivr and tekken with a pinch of Kingdome hearts.:doh:

ASBOBlair
08-28-2009, 05:20 PM
I may have brought up the boobs subject so im sorry but if ppl didnt wana tlk about it they'd tell me to shut up. And shut up about it themselves lol
Go on then lets talk about sumthing else if you REALLY want to.:tiphat:

Chaos Martin
08-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Na I dont mind or complaing, if you wont to talk about something eles go ahead, I just find it funny that in 3 weeks time som1 will see the thread "final fantasy fan group" and think oh I love final fantasy and wondering why every eles is talking about boobs, dead or alive, tekken and Kh. but Eh what hell talk about what ever you wont.:woop: i dnt mind

Munty
08-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Don't apologise Blair I've been gently guiding this topic towards the bob issue anyway. I just found it strange that there was discussion of dead or alive but none whatsoever of the fit birds in it :D

hexalot
08-29-2009, 09:26 AM
. I just found it strange that there was discussion of dead or alive but none whatsoever of the fit birds in it :D

hey munty i think there was a brief discussion on the fit women in dead or alive but was quickly snub by the fact someone reminded us they were pixalated lol

Munty
08-29-2009, 09:45 AM
I think that may have been me ironically :p

hexalot
08-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I think that may have been me ironically :p

So you only have yourself to blame lol.

Dan Newrick
08-29-2009, 01:35 PM
*Zerelous the Ninja comes to save the day* :ninja:

I am a lover of the whole FF series personally!

But if i had to choose then the chances are i would say that either FF7 or FF8 was the best!

What do you guys think the best FF game was and why?

:tiphat:

hexalot
08-29-2009, 03:50 PM
nice way to bring it back on track dan lol :tiphat:

To be fair i would have to say that my best every FF game was and mostlikely will remain FF7. The whole story captivated me and i really conected to the charectors. I even cried when Airies died. Ten was a good one but too short in my opinion. 12 was really upsetting. Very bad choice with the battle system if you ask me.

IndigoWhite
08-29-2009, 04:14 PM
7 will always be my fave. I still have it installed on my labtop. But I go back to 8,9 and 10 from time to time :)

Dan Newrick
08-29-2009, 04:51 PM
I have to admit that 7 is deffonately the best...

I want it on my LAPTOP (sorry just had to ninja IW again :ninja:)

IndigoWhite
08-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Haha, I grabbed an old copy of ebay.

hexalot
08-29-2009, 06:03 PM
I have 7 on my ps3's HDD my original disks are in a frame on my wall.

Chaos Martin
08-30-2009, 12:44 AM
Oh yeah majority of people prefer FF7 and its my fav too! The battle stytem of 12 is not a bad 1 tho because of its no random encounter which is good cux the random encounter anoyed me a bit. But when I firsted tryed the battle system I dindt like it and quit playing on the game for a bit but then it called me back for some more then I got bored of it again then it called me back again up to the point I completed it and did a few side quests even now i still go back to it to play on it. The battle syetem just diferent.

Chaos Martin
08-30-2009, 01:20 AM
But what is it about ff7 that we love?

hexalot
08-30-2009, 11:11 PM
i can only speak for myself when i say this but mainly it is the way in which the story captures you and draws you into the whole world as if you are in the game wanting everything to work out. The story was genius and the whole oh forget it i can drival on for hours but in the end you just cant help falling in love with it.

IndigoWhite
08-30-2009, 11:56 PM
But what is it about ff7 that we love?

The whole story that captivated me. And all the majorly different characters and how they came together to fight for survival.

Chaos Martin
08-31-2009, 01:25 AM
yeah the story is good and how each charater has they own background story as well. barret's story on how he lost his hand, Tifa's and cloud's messed up child hood and Red XII having a half floating human as a grandpa.WTF?:confused:

Munty
08-31-2009, 06:33 PM
The battle stytem of 12 is not a bad 1 tho because of its no random encounter which is good cux the random encounter anoyed me a bit.

How can you be such a big fan of Final Fantasy if you don't like the random encounter part of it? Without it there would only be about 10 battles in the whole game surely! How do you level up in 12 without random encounters?

Someone send me a copy of FF7, I want to know what the fuss is all about :D

Personally I'm sticking with 6/3 until then. The story was great, there were over a dozen characters to pick your team from, the changing forms of the world basically made it 3 games in one and Kefka has a brilliant laugh :p

ASBOBlair
08-31-2009, 06:43 PM
I know most people like FF7. I do too, & when they brought out final fantasy advent children i was hooked, but i really liked FF8! & no.10! they were brilliant, i really liked the storylines and the graphics are amazing!!

Munty
08-31-2009, 06:52 PM
How many people have actually played the old school FFs because it seems to me that everyone's been fairly late jumping on the bandwagon. Noone's mentioning the pre-3D games here at all...

ASBOBlair
08-31-2009, 06:55 PM
what like FF5? I have played that & I liked it but when i compare it to the later ones there's no competition.

Munty
08-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Maybe this should be in two parts then as if people see the 2D/3D thing as such a large barrier that 1-6 will never be capable of equalling 7+ then I think it's a bit of a daft way to approach the subject. Though that said I am being a bit of a hypocrit having never played the 3D FFs for more than 10 minutes!!!

CurtChapman
08-31-2009, 07:07 PM
6/3 on the snes was clearly one of the best, insanely long and you gotta love the skill required to perform some of the BLITZ moves, coupled with the frustration when you kept messing them up on the boss!

ASBOBlair
08-31-2009, 07:18 PM
im not saying that the older games were crap cos they weren't its just that as more of the final fantasy games evolve the better they get (altho i have to admit i wasnt impressed with number 12). the gameplay just gets better and better. what was the first one called? ive always wanted to play the first ones but i just havent had the motivation. are they worth getting??

Munty
08-31-2009, 07:26 PM
I'd say definitely yes as they're all free to emulate on ZSNES. The first Final Fantasy took me a very long time to find and God can you tell it's the first one!!! It's very basic but still worth playing. After all, if the first one was no good they wouldn't have made a dozen more would they :p

ASBOBlair
08-31-2009, 07:37 PM
wel how wud i get the first few now then? i went on ebay but the ppl on there are bloody thieves! i dont trust them.

Munty
08-31-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah you probably could buy them for the SNES but it would cost you more than this course :p

All the stations I used to use (I was about 14!) have probably shutdown now. Emulation station was a good one if its stil there. All you need to emulate them is the emulator itself (I have ALWAYS stuck with ZSNES) and then the roms themselves (the games) You can find them by searching for final fantasy snes rom downloads or something similar. Presuming you know how google works it shouldn't be hard :p

Do bear in mind that you could be downloading unsafe files with viruses or other nasties so if you're unsure about a site, scan it or ban it. Just don't risk it!

RichCam30
08-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Yeah you probably could buy them for the SNES but it would cost you more than this course :p

All the stations I used to use (I was about 14!) have probably shutdown now. Emulation station was a good one if its stil there. All you need to emulate them is the emulator itself (I have ALWAYS stuck with ZSNES) and then the roms themselves (the games) You can find them by searching for final fantasy snes rom downloads or something similar. Presuming you know how google works it shouldn't be hard :p

Do bear in mind that you could be downloading unsafe files with viruses or other nasties so if you're unsure about a site, scan it or ban it. Just don't risk it!

You might struggle to find the ROMs for the FF games now as I think some kind of licensing has resulted in the ROMs being taken off of some sites. I've used ROMnation and CoolROM in the past. They've removed the FF games as well as the Mario and Sonic games too.

RichCam30
08-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah, just checked it out. This is a sort of union i think that protects the properties of the game developers and publishers. They're called ESA (http://www.theesa.com/about/members.asp). So all the members can take off the ROMs of their games if they think it's harming their reputation (profits).

IndigoWhite
08-31-2009, 10:49 PM
RedvsBlue
Doc:'I'm not a Doctor. I'm a Medic.'
Tucker:'What's the difference?'
Doc:'Well a Doctor cures people.......a Medic just makes them more comfortable........while they die.'
Tucker:'Mental note. Don't ever get shot.'

I'm a big RvB man myself but I think a change in colour on the purple is needed as I can't really see it lol

RichCam30
08-31-2009, 10:52 PM
How many people have actually played the old school FFs because it seems to me that everyone's been fairly late jumping on the bandwagon. Noone's mentioning the pre-3D games here at all...

Yeah, I'll hold my hands up to only getting involved with FF when it went 3D. Although in my defence, I loved Secret of Mana on SNES so much, I might not have enjoyed the earlier FF's as much. :p

RichCam30
08-31-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm a big RvB man myself but I think a change in colour on the purple is needed as I can't really see it lol

I'll see what I can do. :D

IndigoWhite
09-01-2009, 02:50 AM
Much better :)

Munty
09-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Although in my defence, I loved Secret of Mana on SNES so much, I might not have enjoyed the earlier FF's as much. :p

Secret of Mana was a very cool old school game. Been a long time but I remember the intro :) Just checked my emulator folder to see what other memories got stirred but it's been too long and this is a newer comp so I only have a few of the FFs on. Will update the list if I boot up the old rig :)

And re. the sig. colour isn't the only issue imho. Can you make the text smaller as it's taking up more space than your written text right now!

Chaos Martin
09-01-2009, 06:40 PM
:woop: Oh hey guys! guss what? I found this kick ass website! called square enix world! you can have your own 3d ff charater!

IndigoWhite
09-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Lol link please?

Munty
09-01-2009, 09:50 PM
How bizare... I'd still rather have a 2D FF character though. Call me old school :)

ASBOBlair
09-02-2009, 07:53 AM
You really love your 2D FF games dont you? lol
I think its going to take me ages to find the older games.:(
Isn't there an easier way??

Munty
09-02-2009, 08:38 AM
there is an easier way if you pm me an email address. I only have 3 and 4 though on this comp. Any of the earlier ones and I'd need to switch rigs. As I said though 3 (6) is probably the best game anyway.

I have these two on this comp in SNES format and I also have no.4 in PS1 format but that one is on 6 40mb discs lol Looks like I have a few other games on PS1 too but not sure how many of them work. My emulator is showing cd images for origins, chronicles and 5 as well as 4. Not sure how big the other files are but the emulator's less than 1meg and the SNES roms are 1+3megs

Munty
09-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Hmm fair point... you know where I am anyway :)

ASBOBlair
09-02-2009, 01:05 PM
So does that mean you can't send them to me then?:(
I swear i've seen chronicles on xbox. Must be an updated version??

I know this is a totally different subject but does anyone know where i can get the first parasite eve?? Like the older versions of FF i can't find it anywhere!

ASBOBlair
09-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Why do you doubt I have them?? I might........

ASBOBlair
09-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Lol how dare you quote me.

Munty
09-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Point well and truly taken. Didn't realise such old roms would still pose a legal issue but now I know so consider the topic back on course.

Of course it is rather hard for me to groom the 3D generation if none of them can play the games :( Get on Ebay people, its the only way!

Dan Newrick
09-02-2009, 04:28 PM
There are loads of emulators that have roms for the original FF games...

Google it :shhh:

(All the ones ive played have freeware licences aswell)

Google and Wiki are your friends, make full use of them both :tiphat:

IndigoWhite
09-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Seriously ebay is the way to go. ROM's have a tendancy to have little viruses or trojans sneak on board the code as well. I've had a few old friends who have had to have reformats because they went for roms.

Chaos Martin
09-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Lol link please?

here ya are but I think it just started in america, I had to select my county as Newisland! My username on there is weapon!:ninja:

IndigoWhite
09-02-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm not seeing a link chaos?

Munty
09-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Did I miss something? What's this link supposed to be for? I can't even see where that quote came from! And just so you know I don't see a link either ;)

Trouble with ebay is twofold IW. First you have the cost and then you need the hardware. I can't say I've looked lately but SNES software and consoles probably fetch a pretty penny. If Dan's right and there are some freeware roms out there then that's the problem solved but I'm not so sure now if there will be. I was under the impression most old roms were legit anyway as long as the game isn't still being produced or sold...

IndigoWhite
09-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Yes flick back through the thread Munty you should see it.

This is something thats been discussed before, it's a real legal grey area again. I forget the term for it.

The thing with ebay is though you will get the real product. No legal grey area there.

Munty
09-02-2009, 08:06 PM
I agree, it would always be better to go for the good stuff straight from the shop but again it comes down to money. Personally (stop me if I've already mentioned this) I love the old FFs and other NES and SNES games but not enough to go and buy all of them. To amass the games I have emulated as actual hard copies would have set me back a small fortune, easily hundreds of pounds.

Bloody grey areas, it's not even a real colour it's just a shade :p

IndigoWhite
09-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah but we don't want to be straying into illegal things here.

IndigoWhite
09-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah abandonware was the term I was looking for :)

Munty
09-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Not to go on but why is Abandonware illegal? I was under the impression that abandonware was the result of the owner of companies and hence the games they make going bust, ceasing to trade or other such situations.

So not to stray into illegal discussion again but I have always been under the impression that Abandonware was legal, that's why I didn't see this discussion as being an issue...

IndigoWhite
09-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Just reading up on it abandonware is illegal, do a search on google about it you'll see why it is considered a grey area but why it is still illegal.

hexalot
09-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Going back to FF and away from illegal activity is there anyone else as frustrated about the delayed release of FFXIII? The blame is being placed on microsoft buying rights to the series forcing it to be released on both consoles at the same time and even driving the graphical quality of the game down due to its lack of power compared to the PS. It is said that before we or microsoft see the game it will be released on sony ony across japan. It is so annoying lol.

Munty
09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Microsoft bought the FF rights but it's being released by sony first? That makes no sense does it? And it does seem stupid to sacrifice any kind of quality just to release it on Xbox but then it would be even more stupid from Microsoft's point of view to buy the rights and not make an Xbox version I guess...

ASBOBlair
09-03-2009, 12:53 PM
I looked up the release date awhile back and it said it was due in November THIS year but when i looked again it said due to be released in November NEXT year. does anyone know the actual date?!

& btw i think the xbox is just as good as the ps, there's only a subtle difference not a major one! why do so many ppl have a thing against the xbox?!

Munty
09-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Personally I'd put the XBox first but that's just due to the price. I'd ratgher own a PS3, especially seeing as I already have 5 desktops. Don't need another one even if they do market it as a console! :p

hexalot
09-03-2009, 05:35 PM
I have always been pro sony but the Xbox is a good console i have one of them. Two PS3's tho. The thing is Microsoft have not been in the console market for long. They still have limited capabilities when compare to the PS3. FFXIII will most likely be out after 14 lol. Square have said that it will release it on the PS system in japan first as part of the deal for MS to secure a peice of the pie and get the game on there console. MS also wanted the game to be released to europe on both consoles at the same time. this is were the issue is.

IndigoWhite
09-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Just wondering...why 2 ps3's?

hexalot
09-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Because my 60 gig is my hands only and i have three kids lol.

IndigoWhite
09-03-2009, 06:44 PM
So you spent to another £300 to avoid you children.

RichCam30
09-03-2009, 06:44 PM
This might be me being a bit stupid, but I own both consoles and I've never actually noticed any differences in graphics, gameplay or framerates. Is there something I'm missing?

For example, I've played FIFA 09 on both consoles and found them to be identical in every way.

Is the difference down to the hardware each one uses, meaning one console has more potential?

IndigoWhite
09-03-2009, 07:53 PM
I personally see F all difference.

RichCam30
09-03-2009, 09:46 PM
That's a relief. Glad I'm not the only one. :ninja:

Chaos Martin
09-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Ops soz here the link again,
http://member.square-enix.com/na/fanzone/groups/grouptop.php?gid=419

IndigoWhite
09-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Cheers for the link will check it out.

Chaos Martin
09-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Sor right :) cant w8 for dissdia 2 come out.

IndigoWhite
09-03-2009, 11:00 PM
It's out tommorow, not long.

Chaos Martin
09-03-2009, 11:24 PM
I know buuuuuuuuuuut! I broke my psp )::noooo:

IndigoWhite
09-03-2009, 11:27 PM
OOOOOO Dear.

Chaos Martin
09-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Buut! (again) Psp ant so dear now and acualy i can get the ff dissdia psp.:woop:

Angelsflame
09-04-2009, 10:57 PM
this is a long running argument between me and a friend :noooo:, wondered if any of you can help? right so was Cloud from FF7 made by soldier blah blah blah, or was he born and just lost most of his memory?

IndigoWhite
09-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Born.
Lost memory.
Created another memory of his life based on Zack.
Remember who he really was when Tifa helped him remember.

Angelsflame
09-04-2009, 11:01 PM
see thats what i said. thankyou very much :) LOL :woop:

Chaos Martin
09-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Eyep, have you played FF crisis core? Helps a lot. back then could was proper makoed up! then in ff7 he gets mako poisining! how much can one man take?

Munty
09-05-2009, 09:56 AM
What was the deal with the final fantasy tactics games? They're the only ones I've never played... Are they like the normal FFgames or are they totally different?

IndigoWhite
09-05-2009, 10:50 AM
They're turn based strategy/rpg games. Played one didn't like it.

hexalot
09-05-2009, 11:36 AM
So you spent to another £300 to avoid you children.

actually i spent £245 to keep them of my PS3. It makes sense when they dont actually care about other peoples stuff and can break anything in a flash. My limited collection models of FF was on display only 5 hours before two of them were broken by the kids and that is a pain when they collectivley cost over £400.

Munty
09-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Ouch, I'm so glad we have a little walker in the house now. He loves my pc but he doesn't half cost me a lot in keyboards! lol

hexalot
09-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Well i have one who is severn months old but thankfully i know how to keep things out of his reach. He climbs on everything and is a real pain. The elder two are the problem lol.

Munty
09-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Just wait a few years and then all three of them will be troublesome :p Mine is 14 months so everything is just soooo interesting and he seems to explore the world by hitting or throwing things. Which is nice...

hexalot
09-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah unless it is you they are hitting. My eldest are 13 and 10 so i am in real trouble. Are we derailing this thread again?

Munty
09-05-2009, 03:45 PM
yes we are but it's the first course change that I've been personally involved in so I don't think I can try and fix it this time lol

Didn't realise you had such an age gap, must be fun with a teen and a tot! Suprised we see you in the forums at all :D

hexalot
09-05-2009, 03:49 PM
it is easy when you have the right wife. Besides she knows that this is course related and that is all she needs to let me off. :woop:

Munty
09-05-2009, 04:44 PM
lol sounds like a nice deal! I do all of my course stuff while she's off at work so I'm juggling my son as well but its actually quite nice so far!

hexalot
09-05-2009, 04:51 PM
how are you getting on with the course?

Chaos Martin
09-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Luckly for me I havnt got any Kids or younger siblings in the house hold! So im kid free yaaay!:woop:

hexalot
09-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Luckly for me I havnt got any Kids or younger siblings in the house hold! So im kid free yaaay!:woop:

you are lucky but no matter what they do i would not change them for the world.

Munty
09-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Same here, ours was about 2 years early and has caused all sorts of complications but now we're finally settled down neither of us would change a single moment of the last 2 years.

Getting on as well as I can be with the course, just submitted my first TMA on Thursday as that's when I got my info through the post! Hoping to send the next one off as soon as possible after my results come back but not read it through completely yet so might not be as quick as I'd hoped!

ASBOBlair
09-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Gosh look at you two talking about your children, thats wel sweet!
When i accidentally hijack threads i always get caught but you two seem to have gotten away with it!lol

It would be more interestin if you sed that FF characters were based on ur children......lol

Angelsflame
09-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Gosh look at you two talking about your children, thats wel sweet!
When i accidentally hijack threads i always get caught but you two seem to have gotten away with it!lol

It would be more interestin if you sed that FF characters were based on ur children......lol

was thinkin the same thing :) but then again. they are the ones doin the catchin :D LOL

ASBOBlair
09-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Lol final fantasyness just came to a complete halt at the mention of children.

I didnt want to encourage them any further, they're just showing off lol

Munty
09-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Actually to disclose a dark secret of mine I've been playing Pokemon since the original black and white gameboy games and haven't been able to kick the habit. I'm hoping once I complete my Diamond/Pearl pokedex (Yeah I know noone knows what that means lol) I'll be able to put the addiction to bed! Since I got hold of the latest DS versions though my rival has been my son Billy (William) :D

ASBOBlair
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
There you go, talking about your children again lol
Pokemon?? I was so addicted to that programme when it first came out. Pekachu (or however the hell you spell it) and jiggly-puff were my fave's. i thort they were so sweet. don't know about the game tho.....

Munty
09-06-2009, 09:30 PM
It's an addiction thing, a game like pokemon isn't a good thing for a hoarder to play! I've got parts of a vehicle that I haven't owned for a bout five years still in the house so you can imagine I really do 'gotta catch 'em all'! lol

ASBOBlair
09-06-2009, 09:35 PM
LOL oh now i've got the flippin theme tune in my head!
I was about 12 when that came out & i thort it was great! Oh the memories lol

hexalot
09-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Well i wanted to call my son Aaron from FFX or if he was a girl i would have called her Aries. I have a cat called Quistis from FFVIII. Is that better lol.

ASBOBlair
09-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Aaron from FF10? I didnt know there was a character called Aaron?!?
Lovin the name of your cat tho, uber cool! lol

hexalot
09-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Aaron from FF10? I didnt know there was a character called Aaron?!?
Lovin the name of your cat tho, uber cool! lol

that was a typo it is Auron not a bad difference lol

hexalot
09-06-2009, 10:06 PM
On a side note i had to settle for my sons teddie being called Cid. This name unless you dont know is actually featured in every FF game made.

ASBOBlair
09-06-2009, 10:11 PM
I thort so, was just bein sarky lol
My favourite FF character name has to be Zidane, but i probably wouldnt call my son that!

ASBOBlair
09-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeh course i know that! Im not a FF amateur you know!! Lol

hexalot
09-06-2009, 10:13 PM
You have kids? Going back to that topic lol

hexalot
09-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeh course i know that! Im not a FF amateur you know!! Lol

I never said you were lol. Just don't know how into the series others are. :p

ASBOBlair
09-06-2009, 10:16 PM
No I havent got kids. I just meant that when i do have them (& id like a boy first) then i wouldnt call him zidane.
Im only 22 & i cant even hardly look after myself yet lol

hexalot
09-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Im only 22 & i cant even hardly look after myself yet lol

Don't be in a hurry lol. I am sure you can take care of yourself.

ASBOBlair
09-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Alright i forgive you hex.:p
im into all the FF's.:D

ASBOBlair
09-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Well thankyou for having such faith in me.:D

hexalot
09-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Well thankyou for having such faith in me.:D

Your welcome.

Munty
09-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Just don't know how into the series others are. :p

Seems a strange thing to say in a topic that's called 'Final Fantasy Fan Club' lol

I loved Cid, he always tends to die though doesn't he... Have they kept using him in the newer games as I don't know after 6...

My heroine for final fantasy 6 was always called Gravy :D Don't know why just came to mind so I used it and since then when I've replayed it I always use that name for her!

Now back to babies please this is starting to get terribly on-topic!

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 01:02 AM
can't forget biggs and wedge :) LOL

Chaos Martin
09-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Yep cid has been in from 6 7 as a palyable charater, 8 as a a headmaster, 9 as a king, 10 as Yunas uncle, 12 but hes name is El cid.
yeah I dont think biggs and wedge get enough roles and credit they desive they like final fantasy Larual and Hardy lol. and Gravy??:smug:

Chaos Martin
09-07-2009, 01:38 AM
you are lucky but no matter what they do i would not change them for the world.

Me know I cant w8 2 have kids,:smug: while I can im going 2 w8 til im about 23ish then wohooo Im a dad!:smug: at the momnet I think im too young.

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 02:29 AM
ROFL, i'm 25 and i still think i'm a bit too young. LOL almost there though :D LOL

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 07:58 AM
All this talking about children is making me broody! Wil you stop pls?!?!? LOL

Did someone say Cid dies. No he doesnt!
& btw rude and reno are better than biggs & wedge any day!

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Yea, rude and reno are soooo better then biggs and wedge. but i just said that we shouldn't forget them. dying for the cause an all that :clap: LOL

hexalot
09-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Rude and Reno was very well created in advent children they made the film. It may be El Cid but El translated is the so i don't think that would detract from his name being Cid lol

Chaos Martin
09-07-2009, 11:27 AM
;)Yeah Reno and Rude are lik :woop::clap::D well ace given a choice Il pick Reno and Rude. make me laugh each time that sign hits Rude BANG "uhh damn sign" then out of the sky Reno! "AHhhh" "uf"

Munty
09-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Did someone say Cid dies. No he doesnt!

May I suggest you don't play the old games then? You may be rather disappointed if you do lol

IndigoWhite
09-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Was gonna say, He's dead already!

Chaos Martin
09-07-2009, 12:10 PM
May I suggest you don't play the old games then? You may be rather disappointed if you do lol

Yep the first aperance of cid in ff2 he DIES! and surpose to in 4 but he survies.

IndigoWhite
09-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Turns into an oglop and a frog in 9

Chaos Martin
09-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Has a wife in 3 and a grandson in 5 and 6 he died again 7 was a swearing piolt, 8 he was head master, 9 covered, 10 Yunas uncle and 12! He was a ladys man! oh for his names being El cid i think they changed it to that cuz they was a sword called EL cid!

IndigoWhite
09-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Overall it's always fun being a cid in FF

Zero
09-07-2009, 12:23 PM
The best FF game of all time has to be without a doubt Final Fantasy VII, just look at the in-depth story with all its twists and turns, never knowing what's going to happen next. Sure, the graphics aren't amazing but at the time they made the game stand out more than the rest with originality! Who can honestly say they played FF7 and didn't like it? Who can put their hand up and they they felt nothing when Aeris died, after the length of time she'd been in your party and you'd been training her up because her limit breaks can heal your team. All the people i knew that played FF7 either got VERY angry cos she died as she was one of the easiest to level up or actually started to form a bond with her in the game.

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Well thanks for spoiling it for me!! I was going to play them you know!!!
What's the point now you've gone and told me the most crucial bit (its always crucial when a character dies).

Shame on you.....

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 12:26 PM
you'll still blubber like a baby :P trust me, i'm a game designer :P ROFLROFLROFL

Zero
09-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Lol, sorry, but you will still love it. Plus you don't know when she dies, or how!

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 12:29 PM
she get's squished by a giant salmon :shhh: LOL

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 12:30 PM
I dont mean you zero ive played FF7! I meant the others saying that Cid dies in the early FFs.

& i wasn't blubbering when Aeris died, im hardcore lol
Had goosebumps though.....

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Lol a giant salmon

I wouldnt've believed that even if i hadnt played the game lol

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 12:32 PM
although with summons like choco/mog it wouldn't be that hard to believe :D LOL

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 12:35 PM
it would! lol
They wouldn't kill off a character but "squashing via a salmon" lol

Maybe if it ate her i might believe it...

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Maybe she was in a salmon factory and got killed 'Abe's oddysey' stylee :woop:

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 12:38 PM
A salmon factory?? Lol
What's abe styleeee - falling down a hole or something lol

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 12:42 PM
well there's the bits where you gotta jump over the grinders and mudoken meat is being dropped into them ROFL

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Ah so that's what kills her then! A large bit of salmon being dropped on her head as she tries to escape the evil clutches of sephiroth through a "salmon" factory lol

Hmmm interesting lol

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 12:47 PM
hey, could be a good sideline game :woop: someone write that down :ninja: LOL

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 12:49 PM
An alternate death ending.

Death by salmon! Lmoa

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 12:54 PM
I've just noticed that no-one else appears to be sharing in our humour :ninja: ROFL

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Well i am! Im laughing my arse off!!
Well they did say that you need a vivid imagination in computer designing. death by salmon is very imaginative! lol

I think ppl just want to see where it's leading....so whats next then? what do all the rest of the characters do when they find aeris lying onthe floor covered in a big salmon lol
Do they laugh or run off to get away from the smell lol
(im so laughing its unbelievable!)

hexalot
09-07-2009, 01:06 PM
they all tuck into the salmon to try and save her but they cant finish it for the sheer size of the salmon is too great lol.

By the way that scene made me cry and it was a work of art.

Angelsflame
LOL, well maybe we could do a complete abe/FF VII crossover somehow? LOL dunno how that would work though :) LOL any ideas anyone? (i sense a slight thread-jacking looming near by :p )

Angelsflame
By the way that scene made me cry and it was a work of art.

what the salmon scene?!?!?! :doh: ROFL

hexalot
09-07-2009, 01:11 PM
what the salmon scene?!?!?! :doh: ROFL

lol. The actual scene when she died. I almost stopped playing and couldn't sleep.

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Well i have thort long & hard and i think it should go like this:

Aeris runs through the salmon factory, avoiding obstacles by pole-vaulting under and over them. She nears the exit and stops for a moment to check how far the dreaded sephiroth is behind her. But when she turns she feels something above her. Looking up, she sees a huge and ominous figure looming above her. She realises she cannot get away, that it is futile to run from this creature and then she turns towards the exit and sees her friends running towards her in slow motion.

As they are shouting "nooooooooo!" in the background she smiles and then the salmon flattens her into oblivion.....

Is that good or is that good??? lol

hexalot
09-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Well i have thort long & hard and i think it should go like this:

Aeris runs through the salmon factory, avoiding obstacles by pole-vaulting under and over them. She nears the exit and stops for a moment to check how far the dreaded sephiroth is behind her. But when she turns she feels something above her. Looking up, she sees a huge and ominous figure looming above her. She realises she cannot get away, that it is futile to run from this creature and then she turns towards the exit and sees her friends running towards her in slow motion.

As they are shouting "nooooooooo!" in the background she smiles and then the salmon flattens her into oblivion.....

Is that good or is that good??? lol

wow you have thought really hard about that one. I could actually imagine the scene lol. I am sold. :clap:

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 01:23 PM

LMFAO :clap:

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Thankyou kindly.
I have to think of some realy corny music for the slow motion scene but yeh thats my death by salmon ending lol

& im glad you think its funny, i want my audience to be able to laugh and cry at the ending at the same time lol
Did you cry????

hexalot
09-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Did I cry at your salmon ending? No. I am older now and i have to remember she is just a charector in a virtual world. Counciling sorted that out for me lol

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Lol good one.

I really do have a weird imagination, i can think of stuff on the spot but most of the time its funny and never serious.....

hexalot
09-07-2009, 01:36 PM
games sell just as well being funny and querky as they do being serious. Abe being one of the examples.

Now how do they go about trying to save her?

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Well they cant can they?! They aren't close enuf to push her out of the way and even if they were they would probably be flattened into oblivion too.

Altho if they wanted to bring her back from the dead then that'd be another story and we just wana leave her as dead right?!? lol

hexalot
09-07-2009, 01:44 PM
yeah she has to remain dead altho you can get her to appear at the church garden later on in the game.

" Cloud does a swan dive into the salmons gut as the others chase sephiroth away. After a short wait cloud climbs back out with a kneckless and walks into the bright light followed by the others. Barret all the while chewing on a piece of the salmon."

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 01:52 PM
LOL
Yeh i like that! What significance does the necklace (see how its meant to be spelt hex lol) have?

And do the others share a piece of the fish also??

I think right at the end:

"As cloud holds up the necklace into the bright light he sees a glint in the crystal. For a moment it seems like there is only him and this necklace, alone and silent. He closes his eyes and when he opens them sees a reflection of somone familiar in the crystal, smiling the same smile before her death. He smiles back and then the reflection disappears........and he smirks to himself at seeing her with some piece of salmon stuck in her hair"

lol

hexalot
09-07-2009, 01:59 PM
the necklace (not knecklace lol) is a keep sake i beleive it was featured in advent children.

ASBOBlair
09-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Im going to have a look at that now!! I cant remember it.....

IndigoWhite
09-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Didn't the necklace Aeris/Aerith wearing have the holy materia on it that saves the planet?

hexalot
it might just be me. Cloud seems to have more thoughts of Zack then aerith in the film.

hexalot
Didn't the necklace Aeris/Aerith wearing have the holy materia on it that saves the planet?

no that dropped from her hair into the water.

IndigoWhite
09-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Ah good point.

Chaos Martin
09-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Oh no Areis got killed! lets put her down in water and watch her body float down......... and not use a phonixe down to bring her back! or cast life 1 or life 2 on her!:doh: I like salmon death thing. mayb a Zu was craying it and it droped out of its mouth

hexalot
09-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh no Areis got killed! lets put her down in water and watch her body float down......... and not use a phonixe down to bring her back! or cast life 1 or life 2 on her!:doh: I like salmon death thing. mayb a Zu was craying it and it droped out of its mouth

it would not have helped the story if they kept her alive. It does seem strange tho how they can bring people back to life and not her.

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 02:11 PM
don't you know, she was all dead. where as the other's are usually just mostly dead :shhh:

hexalot
09-07-2009, 02:13 PM
don't you know, she was all dead. where as the other's are usually just mostly dead :shhh:

ROFL well justified

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 02:18 PM
:tiphat: ty :D

Chaos Martin
09-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Areis HP 785
Sephroth jumps in a stabs Areis
Areis HP0.

Yeah but the final fantasy 7 group take a beating all the time, I mean 4 holy cow sake they lazer shot at them Rabbits kivking there heads in, being covered in sewich, and being set on fire, zaped and frozren! not to mention a giant Magzoul after them!:cool:
Wohoo I leveled up to Senior Member!
HP 216-243
MP 42-49
Atk 32-34
Def 28-29
Mag 17-18
Mdef 9-10
Agi 3-4
Eva 5%-6%

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 02:30 PM
still :) Cloud is like, harder then Mr.T's left buttcheek on a russian winter morning :smug:

hexalot
09-07-2009, 02:30 PM
she died to save the world that is just the hard truth lol.

Chaos Martin
09-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Shall we have a 5 min silent for Areis?

Chaos Martin
09-07-2009, 02:45 PM
she died to save the world that is just the hard truth lol.

Then let us have a 5 min silent for Areish.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................

hexalot
09-07-2009, 02:45 PM
few years too late lol. i will just keep paying homage with my shrine lol.

Chaos Martin
09-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Let us have a 5 min silent for Areis
.................................................. .................................................. ........:(

hexalot
09-07-2009, 03:03 PM
seriously chaos any chance you can spell her name correctly and be consitant in your posts lol.

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 03:59 PM
as novo would say, WIKI is your friend :p ROFL

hexalot
09-07-2009, 03:59 PM
as novo would say, WIKI is your friend :p ROFL

How will that help lol

Angelsflame
09-07-2009, 04:02 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FFVII#Characters :D ROFLROFL :doh: