PDA

View Full Version : Move an inch take a mile ( help)

CheekyChace
01-28-2011, 09:36 PM
OK every time a try to move an edge,border,vertex by 2 millimeters etc.. it shoots up by miles, if this make sense to anyone please help its driving me mad and slowing me down :(4525

CheekyChace
01-28-2011, 11:36 PM
This is a better screen shot tried to resize slightly then this happened 4526

CheekyChace
01-29-2011, 02:37 PM
still looking for some help :(

CursedAssassin
01-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Hmmm could be many possibilities if you are using a wireless mouse sometimes those things auto jump on a dodgy surface probs unlikely. Which viewport are you working in as sometimes if you just try to drag vectors around instead of using the arrows in can sometime go wild. Other than that you maybe could have hit a hot key which increased the spacing who knows hopefully mattb can shed some light

CheekyChace
01-29-2011, 03:23 PM
using a cabled mouse in the perspective view point while using the arrows to move the vertex. not touching any keys when I move :(

Fuzz1304
01-29-2011, 04:58 PM
I had the same problem with my laptop when I started the course, I think its something to do with 3Ds max and the RAM of the laptop, I upgraded to a 8gb RAM pc and it hasnt happened since.

modeller x tron
01-29-2011, 06:28 PM
are you moving it by hand or by the coordinate tab. and also have you merged an object into the scen as sometimes this happens.

CheekyChace
01-29-2011, 06:29 PM
I got 8 gb memeory :(

CheekyChace
01-29-2011, 06:32 PM
moving it with the mouse by hand using the axis x,y,z and I have quite a few things in the scene which have been attached, I tried to hide most of the toon but it still happens :(

modeller x tron
01-29-2011, 06:32 PM
ok first thing is turn of smooth and second is have a look if snap is on if it is then turn it off

modeller x tron
01-29-2011, 06:34 PM
smooth aint got anything to do with it but just help out incase you have a crap computer but i doubt you have with 8 gig memory. but then again your scene wont even use 500 mb never mind 8000mb lol. what gpu are you using

CheekyChace
01-29-2011, 06:51 PM
OK I checked that snaps are off turned off the NURMS TOGGLE on everything which took bloody ages lol (every piece of hair) and hid everything that I was not working on and it seems to work thanks for the help everyone:)

my laptop spec are

ACER 8943G

ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-720QM Processor
- 1.6 GHz
- 2.5 GT/s DMI
- 6MB Smart CacheOperating SystemGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/acer-aspire-8943g-06539252-pdt.html#recommendation-seven) 64-bitRAM- 8GB installed DDR3 RAMGraphics cardATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5850
- 1GB DDR3 Dedicated memoryScreen typeWidescreen LCDScreen resolution- Full HD
- 1920 x 1080Screen size18.4"Screen featuresLED backlighting
16:9 aspect ratioHard drive2 x 500 GBOptical disk driveBlu-ray Disc™ RE driveMemory card readerYesUSB5FireWire1 x IEEE 1394 portModem/EthernetYesWi-Fi802.11 b/g/nBluetoothYes, 2.1+EDRVideo interfaceVGA, HDMIAudio interfaceHeadphone/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support
Microphone-in jack
Line-in jackTV outputVGA, HDMISoundDolby®7-optimized Acer CineSurround sound system with five built-in speakers and one subwoofer supporting low-frequency effects
Optimized 3rd Generation Dolby® Home Theater®7 audio enhancement, featuring Dolby® Digital Live, Dolby® Pro Logic® IIx, Dolby® Headphone, Dolby® Natural Bass, Dolby® Sound Space Expander, Dolby® Inverse Filtering, Dolby® High Frequency Enhancer technologies8
True5.1-channel surround sound output
High-definition audio support
S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface)9 support for digital speakers
MS-Sound compatible
Acer PureZone technology with two built-in stereo microphones featuring beam forming, echo cancellation, and noise suppression technologiesWebcam1.3 megapixelKeyboard & MouseThe convenient dual-mode touchpad doubles as a multi-gesture touchpad as well as media consoleBattery71 W 4800 mAh 8-cell Li-ion standard battery pack
Estimated battery life: Up to 3 hoursAdditional featuresDVB-T TunerSoftware includedProductivity
• Acer eRecovery Management
• Microsoft® Office Trial (Service Pack 2)
• Microsoft® Works SE 9
• Adobe® Flash® Player 10
• Adobe® Reader® 9.1
• eSobi™
• Google™ Setup
• Google Toolbar™
• Norton™ Online Backup
Security
• Acer Bio-Protection
• McAfee® Internet Security Suite Trial3
Multimedia
• Acer Arcade™ Deluxe
• Acer InstantOn Arcade
• NTI Media Maker™
Gaming
• Oberon GameZone
Communication and ISP
• Acer Crystal Eye
• Microsoft® Silverlight™
• Skype™
• Windows Live™ Essentials — Wave 3.2 (Mail, Photo Gallery, Live™ Messenger, Movie Maker, Writer)SizeHeight: 31/43.8 mm
Width: 440 mm
Depth: 295 mmWeight4.6 kg

modeller x tron
01-29-2011, 07:04 PM
mate next time someone asks for spec details try not go into every little bit of detail lmao :) just the memory/gpu/cpu ect.

very nice laptop btw

CheekyChace
01-29-2011, 07:11 PM
lol I didn't know what you meant I'm not very technical and thanks very much for your help :)