PDA

View Full Version : 3ds

Methodical
12-07-2010, 07:14 PM
seems i have quite an issue, for some reason today when i opened 3ds max and loaded the model i been working on when i went to sub object selection to edit an edge etc when i selected the edge the x/y/z axis frame never appeared for accurate movement, so i tried other actions like rotate thing the degree frame would appear and nothing, even the rescale frame is not appearing.

never had this happen before and no idea what its done. i even reloaded 3ds and made a quick sphere to check the save file was not corrupted, and went to move some vertices on that and nothing, no frame. sure i can stilll move the vertice but not in a specific direction.

i have tried making several new objects to check and reloaded 3ds a number of times also, still no different. this has halted my work and to be honest, im rather gutted, was quite far through my first model of a car and now i can do anything.

does anyone have any ideas that may help, knowing me i have probs clicked something i shouldnt have but then that shouldnt effect a reloaded version of 3ds surely. :noooo:

Dantheyid
12-08-2010, 11:39 AM
try pressing X

Smoothnshiny
12-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah as Dan says, 'x' turns on/off the gizmo. I've done this loads in the past.......I've finally remembered that 'x' sorts it out, lol.

EDIT: on a side note the '+' and '-' keys make the gizmo bigger or smaller, can be handy if the gizmo is obscuring something or is hard to see.

Methodical
12-08-2010, 12:49 PM
just tried that and for some reason its still no appearing =(

i just get 3 red lines, not red yellow and blue, so no direction selection etc. tempted to try a re-install, just wondering if the serial etc would work again on a new reinstall, i figured we were only allowed to install it the once so not even sure if it would work.

Smoothnshiny
12-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Have you pressed x then clicked the move tool a couple of times? Just to check you're not on the select tool?