PDA

View Full Version : 'House scene' during Section 1 Part B

Chris88
11-03-2010, 01:04 PM
This is my first post so let me take the chance to say hi!

I've been going through Section 1 B and there's an ongoing exercise to create your own house scene. I was wondering how much detail everyone was putting into their own scenes, at the mo mines just an arrangement of furniture. I opened the example from the DVD (08-00_Example.max.), is it supposed to look anything like this? Its a whole flippin house!

Dantheyid
11-03-2010, 04:05 PM
I think your just supposed to use the house scene they give you and fill it with your own furniture? Thats what i done anyway. I just put in a sofa, bookcase, standing lamp, television and television stand. I didnt bother with all the kitchen stuff that they use in a later example (maybe the one your talking about).

Ashitaka
11-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Chris, I would advise you put in as much as you like.

Keep going until you are comfortable with what you have learnt so far and that you are ready to move on, theres no point in keeping creating the same style of things over and over if you feel you arent testing yourself or learning anything new. But if you are struggling with each simple object then keep going.

Paladin
11-03-2010, 07:15 PM
What he said. ^^

adamf85
11-04-2010, 02:44 AM
In that section, they are just wanting you to populate the house, with some basic furniture, to get to grips with the basics.

But if your building a whole house, go for it, what better practice.

Iv got as far as making a simple garden and some furniture so far.

Chris88
11-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Cheers guys, I guess the more practice the better really.

Phill-h
11-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Was thinking about the same situation meself ... got answers now & will knock-up some more objects I recon.

Cheers all

Liz
11-19-2010, 07:00 PM
This is my first post so let me take the chance to say hi!

I've been going through Section 1 B and there's an ongoing exercise to create your own house scene. I was wondering how much detail everyone was putting into their own scenes, at the mo mines just an arrangement of furniture. I opened the example from the DVD (08-00_Example.max.), is it supposed to look anything like this? Its a whole flippin house!

I've just hit that part of the course and was wondering the same thing.
Ideally (no work, sleep, nurtrition and general life commitments, 25 hours in a day, bigger faster younger brain etc) I would create stuff equal to that from The Sims 3 (I play it now & again)
So, that's what I will aim for but then I have to decide whether I can hold off the next TMA for 20 years whilst I practice to get to that level of quality! :D

NivareGEE
11-21-2010, 01:33 AM
I generally followed the examples and just tried to recreate my own in house furniture as best I could.

I havnt added loads just enough, like the guys said, as I am comfortable.

I believe you just have to test yourself, it is all about self discovery when it comes to this stuff. Im still refining my character stuff :P

Tech
12-15-2010, 09:11 PM
My plan is to make lots of basic stuff and then add more detail to it as I get through the course and learn more about the program. Hope like hell it works lol.