PDA

View Full Version : a few words from the content designer of guild wars 2

Walkers
09-08-2010, 10:15 PM
I found this interesting, thought some of you might aswell

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/4528/Guild-Wars-2-Content-Interview.html

enjoy

Foxtrick
09-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Played Guild Wars for about a month, interesting game bit samey, I know alot of people wait GW2 with alot of anticipation, concept art looks fantastic, and glad to see the word 'marketing' put in the article. I know marketing is alot of money but some prize games/sequels have gone to waste because of no re-investment. I know it costs money, but drives down the longevity of the game aswell as the player experience immensely

Walkers
09-09-2010, 01:37 AM
Played Guild Wars for about a month, interesting game bit samey, I know alot of people wait GW2 with alot of anticipation, concept art looks fantastic, and glad to see the word 'marketing' put in the article. I know marketing is alot of money but some prize games/sequels have gone to waste because of no re-investment. I know it costs money, but drives down the longevity of the game aswell as the player experience immensely

I personally think that the success of a game in the opening stages of its gold status is in marketing, look at aion, how many wasnt happy with it and its over hyped rep, but it was one of the most anticipated mmos of the year

Paladin
09-09-2010, 02:08 AM
I personally think that the success of a game in the opening stages of its gold status is in marketing, look at aion, how many wasnt happy with it and its over hyped rep, but it was one of the most anticipated mmos of the year

In the early stages of the European testing, it still wasn't clear that Aion was a 'proper' Korean MMO. That is to say, it's 75% grinding with regards to levelling. It looks nice and is a good game, but the amendments/additions made for a western market didn't (and shouldn't have) taken its Korean-ness away sufficiently. I got sucked in, in this regard. I played the open beta a fair bit and subsequently bought the game, only to quit two months in.

On a side note but still related to Aion; the Templar is the best vision of an MMO 'Tank' that I've seen so far.

Walkers
09-09-2010, 02:12 AM
In the early stages of the European testing, it still wasn't clear that Aion was a 'proper' Korean MMO. That is to say, it's 75% grinding with regards to levelling. It looks nice and is a good game, but the amendments/additions made for a western market didn't (and shouldn't have) taken its Korean-ness away sufficiently. I got sucked in, in this regard. I played the open beta a fair bit and subsequently bought the game, only to quit two months in.

On a side note but still related to Aion; the Templar is the best vision of an MMO 'Tank' that I've seen so far.

My friend did the same thing he loved it at 1st think when he got to about lvl 20-25 he found all the fun of the game was gone and the grind was just too much and left it