PDA

View Full Version : section 1 part C problem

Squashb0y
07-17-2010, 10:45 AM
ive just started this section in it ive got to create a woman in 3D space following the images that are on the cross section planes.
Now the problem is that i can open the file from the train2game disk and the images come up but after ive saved it onto my hard drive and open it again the images are lost and it comes up with the missing external file window so i go and find the missing files but they still won't appear on the planes.
i even tryed to do it manually using the material editor but the same result. Leaving me with but 1 option that is to try and build the whole half of the woman in a single sitting.
does anyone on here have any ideas on how to solve this as im pulling my hair out in frustration

Squashb0y
07-18-2010, 11:30 AM
ive solved the problem i placed a bitmap of the images of the girl onto the planes just so i could save it and open it with them still there before i places the images i had to give the planes 50% transparenty soi could see through them.
in truth all ive done is go round the problem just so i can get this part of the course done but i'll keep looking for a more perminant solution as time progresses