PDA

View Full Version : Questiobn I had about course time.

Radox
07-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Heya guys. I've been doing my course for a while, but I'm still only waiting for the TMA 3 to be marked. My problem is that I don't understand how much longer I have on the course. I know it sounds a bit unresponsive of me, but I was under the (apparently false) impression that I could do the course at my own pace, and that I paid for the entire course rather than just a 'window' in which to do it.

But apparently there is some sort of time limit on how long I can take to do the course. I'm wondering if there is any way to find out how much longer I have to complete the course? Thanks for any help.

jimmybrick
07-02-2010, 05:21 PM
it is 3 years dude plenty of time

bhmediamarty
07-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Heya guys. I've been doing my course for a while, but I'm still only waiting for the TMA 3 to be marked. My problem is that I don't understand how much longer I have on the course. I know it sounds a bit unresponsive of me, but I was under the (apparently false) impression that I could do the course at my own pace, and that I paid for the entire course rather than just a 'window' in which to do it.

But apparently there is some sort of time limit on how long I can take to do the course. I'm wondering if there is any way to find out how much longer I have to complete the course? Thanks for any help.

I believe you're looking at at least 3 years. Do you think you might manage it in that space of time? If not I believe you can get an extension.

Edit: doh! Ninja'd :ninja:

Radox
07-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I hope so, but I'm still a bit worried. Is there any particular way to know how much time, I specifically have? Sorry if I'm being a bit obtuse, but it'd help. Thanks.

bhmediamarty
07-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I hope so, but I'm still a bit worried. Is there any particular way to know how much time, I specifically have? Sorry if I'm being a bit obtuse, but it'd help. Thanks.

Personally I think you're possibly worrying waaaaaaaaay too much that you're not going to finish this and run out of time. When I started the developer's course I spent ages messing around with the various lessons before I got round to submitting any TMA's, so after having signed up in November I didn't actually submit any TMA's until around the end of December, and then I lagged again once the new year hit.

The estimated turnaround is around 12-18 months I believe but obviously your finance agreement is over 3 years (unless you paid in full up front) but I'm fairly sure if you're still actively doing the course and submitting TMA's once in a while then Train2Game wouldn't have any reason to kick you off the course.

Chace252
07-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Don't worry. You'll be fine. I'm only on TMA 8 and I started in January. Thats a slow pace by anyones standards it would seem, but I've worked out that if I continue like this, I'll be finished well within the 3 year benchmark.

As far as I can gather, 1 TMA a month will do it fairly comfortably.