PDA

View Full Version : greyscale photoshop

Stevealot
06-22-2010, 07:49 PM
hey everyone I need some help/advice and I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I'm using photoshop 7.0 and everytime I try to create something new I get stuck on a grey scale setting so I cannot add any colour to projects im working on. I can edit existing images in colour, just starting new seems to give me problems. I need to use it for some images im trying to create for my portfolio documents.

bhmediamarty
06-22-2010, 08:07 PM
hey everyone I need some help/advice and I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I'm using photoshop 7.0 and everytime I try to create something new I get stuck on a grey scale setting so I cannot add any colour to projects im working on. I can edit existing images in colour, just starting new seems to give me problems. I need to use it for some images im trying to create for my portfolio documents.

When you're creating a new document, is it set at greyscale at the bottom of the page? Under the size you have color mode of bitmap/greyscale/rgb/cmyk or LAB.

moonshine
06-23-2010, 09:47 AM
If the new image opens in greyscale, you can also go to Image>Mode>RGBColor. Photoshop seems to retain the image mode settings of the last image that you saved when you close the app :\ - one of it's less helpful features.

bhmediamarty
06-23-2010, 10:21 AM
If the new image opens in greyscale, you can also go to Image>Mode>RGBColor. Photoshop seems to retain the image mode settings of the last image that you saved when you close the app :\ - one of it's less helpful features.

Yup, it's a pain but once you get the hang of checking image size, resolution and colour mode when creating each new document you should be fine.

Stevealot
06-23-2010, 04:04 PM
has solved the problem thanks. photoshop does make me feel silly sometimes when a problem like that is so easily missed.