PDA

View Full Version : Musician/Composer Available

Ephemeria
01-15-2010, 04:34 AM
Hey, well as the title says, I'm a musician that's willing to compose music for anybody who's wanting a soundtrack to their game. I basically want to compose for serious games, not just ones that are done as a bedroom hobby which last about 5 minutes which I have seen happen countless times lol. I can also compose for anything else if need be :) Feel free to contact me :)

bhmediamarty
01-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Nice offer. Do you have a portfolio site somewhere with samples of your music? Would be good to hear some bits and pieces that you've done. I've been looking for someone to convert the old C64 tune from "one man and his droid" into a rock guitar track. Own personal amusement at the moment, but not sure if someone else had already made a start on this for me so won't be asking for anyone else to make a start on it until I know that nobody else is working on it.

One of my current pet hates at the moment is the number of people who get various other people involved doing the same thing on a project, which considering they're almost all dedicating free time to help out with their project, to find out that someone else is doing the same thing as them ruins the chances of them wanting to help out in the future and is also taking total advantage of people's generosity, time and willingness to help. Needless to say, if these people were paying for services they'd be lot less likely to grab anyone and everyone they could to push a project on with unreal expectations.

Ephemeria
01-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Hey, well the main music I play on guitar is metal but I can play more or less all styles, I just prefer metal lol. I have 2 tracks on my Myspace www.myspace.com/Krytember. The demo I wrote and playe myself (all instruments) i and I also did a cover of Paramore's Pressure. But apart from metal I have an old band page www.myspace.com/dawnofsorrowband, which contains an orchestral instrumental which I wrote 2 years ago on Finale 2008. My abilities have come a long way in 2 years plus I have so much more sounds available to me now (I use Cakewalk Sonar and Dimension for sounds). I'm currently going to record a 3 track demo of music so I can show anybody who is interested in wanting me to write music for their game etc. I should have it completed in just under a month. Anyways hope to hear back from you :tiphat:

DrDeth
01-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Hey Ephemeria. Very cool demo. I used to play in a metal band myself, though sadly haven't played for a couple of years.

I was thinking about picking up my guitar for some background music in my games. What do you use to record and mix, and for drums?

Ephemeria
01-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I use Mixcraft, Adobe Audition and Cakewalk Sonar 8 Producer Edition to record and mix, as well as sounds from Cakewalk Dimension. For drums I use Acoustica Beatcraft but I have my own prerecorded drum samples. :)

DrDeth
01-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Do you hook your guitar / amp to your PC, or do you have some sort of mixing desk?

Ephemeria
01-15-2010, 09:54 AM
I hook up a Line 6 Pod XT Live via USB as well as an M-Audio Oxygen 61 Midi USB Controller

bhmediamarty
01-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Cool. Have been considering hooking my guitar up to the computer for a while. Have been looking for a computer based digital effects processor instead of having to dig my quad, various other pedals and the amp out. Sadly am currently working as many of the 24 hours available in a day that I can stay awake juggling my business, 3D artwork, T2G coursework and my own personal studies.

DrDeth
01-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Awesome. Thanks for the Info.

Ephemeria
01-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Get a pod xt, they work wonders :)

DrDeth
01-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Well, I've been looking into it today, and I think the Pod XT is overkill for me at this stage. I've already got a Zoom GFX-707 and BOSS MetalZone for all the FX I want, and right now I'm not looking to produce anything for public consumption, so I've only got my eye on a Pod GX.

If I get into anything serious later on, I'll look at upgrading.

Ephemeria
01-15-2010, 06:13 PM
The Pod XT is great because it has amps, cabs, effects as well as microphone settings. U really should consider it :)

bhmediamarty
01-15-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm sure I'd looked at the Pod XT myself once. Is that the little beastie that has different setups that sound like different musicians?

Ephemeria
01-17-2010, 01:29 AM
yup, it's fantastic :)

DrDeth
01-18-2010, 11:54 AM
The Pod XT also has quite a nice price-tag, which I agree is worth the money, but just not as much as I want to spend for me to 'mess around'.

I've ordered the Pod GX that comes with Pod Farm, which is a VST plugin that lets you stack effects and amps together - has a nice selection of vintage tube amps too.

I'll post more info once I get it.

Ephemeria
01-18-2010, 01:30 PM
You can do that with the PODXT (there's a new version X3) you plug it into your PC and you can stack up your effects etc. as well as your amps with the program Line 6 Edit. Plus you can also use POD Farm. The GX series are dreadful, they do everything a POD does except you can't control it from the unit itself and you have to play it through your PC. Plus you need to pay to keep it updated with new amp models